• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Ultimate Lose Optical Drive....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD'er

got a gateway labtop here and the optical drive is not showing up under my computer or the system period...its a 3mnth old labtop. when they first purchased the laptop it was showing the drive but now nothing....

Any Suggestions to what could be the problem?

nope it wasn't showing up period....I figured it out though I had to delete a reg key inorder for the drive to show up....

When I said it wasn't recognizing the drive period it was not in device manger either

If you can get in to the bios, it could sahow there. Check boot options, if nothing but the hard drive is there, it ain't Vista losing it...

I figured it out though I had to delete a reg key inorder for the drive to show up
Did you remove the UpperFilters and / or LowerFilters Value name(s) from the following registry key...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Control | Class | {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

... and if the key or Value names were different, what were they?

Back