• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should we Start the Slow Computer Race Again?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Well since Chawken took his with him to Nova Star I was thinking maybe we should start this race over too. I've got the new "member" signed up if anyone wants to do this again. Just use the email address "[email protected]" Now what should it be called - the federation or the collective?

Spare CPU cycles never hurt...even if they are slow. As I post this I am running SETI on a P200MMX. Plus a complition is always fun...just make sure you get recruits first.

If any one else wants to go in, my dual 400 is down right now (I wrecked Linux!!!!) so I'll toss that in on a team.

I have an old 486 laptop I'd like to get crunching...but it has Win 3.1 on it

I guess I could pull the drive and install Linux....any ideas

I have to reinstall RedHat 7.2 on the duallie: ran well, but I screwed it up trying to get Samba running!

RH7.2 ran great on the thing.

Anybody in for taking TC on?

I'll set up a team, or someone else can and I'll join!

Hey HEY!

You in for some more slow pc races?

We should try to get close to parity on the teams to start with, eh?

or not!

I just figure this will be my only chance to catch up to/ pass TC :D
so I'll be on the other team!

Sorry TC: its tough to be #1!:burn:

Well seeing as how I have nothing slow enough to participate I won't be contributing units to it.

Ok, I guess thats one dream I'll have to give up!!:D

I'll be reinstalling the os on my duallie sometime today, in between doing holiday stuff- I'll check in here before starting Seti up and if no one else has started a new antique pc team, I will!

:beer:

No responses yet, so I set up "[email protected]" for an email account.

The dual 400 is running with Redhat 7.2 and crunching 2 wus right now.

Any body joining?
Is your slow team the Target, Basher? If it is, I'll need some HELP! 48 wu worth !!!!!

I resurrected The Collective btw.:D

Last edited:
Okay I can let my ancient P2 450 crunch for my slow team. If I had an extra case handy I could get the old ppro 200 going too.

Anyway my team's name is "TC'sTurtleTeam" and to crunch for me (duh who else would you crunch for) just use "[email protected]" :)

:D Sweet!

Basher's team is still going- the Federation, with 48 wu
Dugans' team just started- the Collective, with 0:(
And TC's team has started-TC'sTurtleTeam, with 0 ?

And they're off!

LOL Once I get some of the antiquated hardware back I can take a peek and see what I have to contribute, anyone know a way to make Seti work just off a floppy with no os ? Someway to get it to send through a nic card ? Just wondering if that is possible, anyone had any luck with this or no ?

J

Back