• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FREE BMW M3 Challenge from Blimey (Simbin)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xilix

http://www.m3-challenge.com/index.php?id=2&L=0

For all my fellow simulation brothers out there, this car really is the cheese. Out of all the cars I've driven in the Simbin/Blimey series, this car is by far my favorite to drive. Very much like the cars from GT Legends, but with a nicely technical and modern feel at the same time. There is a conversion of this car for GTR 2 over at nogrip, find it here...

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=6178

If you download the conversion so you can drive it in GTR 2, make SURE you change the tyr selection in the .HDC file to the BMW tyr. For some reason the conversion guy used the Perelli tyr instead. Just open the .HDC file, do a search for "tyr" and then change it to the M3 tyr filename that's in the parent directory.

Either way you go, with the original Challenge freeware or the GTR 2 conversion, it's a really great car and they NAILED it. From the engine sound to the interior to the way it handles, it's just sublime. Not the fastest thing in the world but it's so damn fun and satisfying to drive around a twisty track. The feel of the tyr slip is really nice and you can drift till the end of time in these things.

Enjoy!

Dude, way too late to post it:

The competition will take place in the period from the 26th of October 2007 to the 15th of January 2008. The last day to register for the competition is the 19th of October 2007.

I'm not posting for the challenge competition itself, I'm posting because this car is simply awesome to drive. It's one of the best additions to the series and is the first street car to hit the Simbin/blimey collection. I've been driving the crap out of it for days at the nurb circuit and it's the most fun car I've driven to date in this series.

Back