• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bluetooth enumerator lost

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doctor7

Registered
Hi, I'm running xp sp2.

The microsoft bluetooth enumerator driver was giving me a headache so i had to remove it to use a Widcomm driver. All done through device manager. Time goes by and things change...now I need to get it back. How do I reactivate it?

Thank you in advance.

Start | Run | Type regedit, and click OK | Expand the following branch in the registry...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Control | Class

... and delete the following sub-folder:

{E0CBF06C-CD8B-4647-BB8A-263B43F0F974}

Open Device Manager (Type devmgmt.msc in the Run box) | Remove the Bluetooth radio device listed there | Click Action--> Scan for hardware changes. This should re-enumerate the Bluetooth adapter, using the SP2 drivers.

argg

thanks for reply but it didn't work. xp keeps trying to find the widcomm driver instead for creating a bluetooth enumerator. i think i will have to reinstall sp2 and hope it shows up.

finally...here's the solution

wow, that was painful. here is the solution for anyone who purposefully disabled their native sp2 bluetooth stack and wishes to re-enumerate it:

from JonCellini.com
# determine the hardware ID of your adapter. This can be done by clicking on the device in the Windows Device Manager and selecting “Hardware IDs” from the Details tab. My Ambicom device had a hardware ID of: vid_0bdb&PID_1002
#
# once you have determined the hardware ID locate the bth.inf file and make a copy of it
# open up the copy in an editor and scroll down to the Device section
# select one of the headings (I placed mine under [Belkin.NT.5.1]) and paste in the following:

; AmbiCom Support
Erickson Bluetooth Adapter= BthUsb, USBVID_0BDB&PID_1002

I named it as an Erickson Bluetooth Adapter since the chipset in my dongle appears to be made by Erickson.
# Save the file
# Update the dongle drivers to use your newly edited inf file. If all goes well it will detect and install the adapter.

If your mouse/keyboard won't work, try this:

Open up Services (Start->Run->services.msc)
Open up the "Bluetooth Support Service"
In the "Log On" Tab change it to logon as "Local System account" (I had it set at "NT AUTHORITY\LocalService" before)
Leave the checkbox unchecked
Click OK

Back