• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I'm looking through my PeerGuardian blocked list...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnrealAlex

Department of Defense Network Information Center (should I be worried?)
Ministry of Geology and Mineral Resources
Ministry of Education
State Science & Technology Commission
Military Medical Academy
Egyptian Information Services
Saudi Arabian Oil Company, Saudi ARAMCO (strangest of all lol)
Ministry of Finance
Israel Local Authorities Data Processing Center
China Railcom Beijing Branch
Ministry of Information and Communication
GE Capital Finance
Communication Center, China Aerospace (LOL!)
Seattle Public Library (shame on you Seattlians)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Kuwait Ministry of Communications
Embassy of Japan
Zhejian Police Academy
Government of South Africa
Washington State Department of Transportation (wow)
Haliburton Company
Naval Computer and Technologies Center
Department of Social Security of UK
IBM Corporation
NASA
California Integrated Waste Management Board

And lots more...
Pretty ridiculous huh lol? What does this tell us? That a lot of governments torrent stuff thats what =P

What's interesting is that some of these pop up a lot. I mean Department of Defense Network Information Center is like always trying to connect to me I swear

EDIT:
Jeez DoD is scanning a lot of people
http://forums.phoenixlabs.org/showthread.php?t=1227

Last edited:
I get a lot of hits from them too. I usually leave the government blocklist off, though, as apparently a lot of government employees download game patches and Linux distros on their work computers... Would think that a government as busy protecting against terrorism as they claim to be wouldn't have time for games...

I get a lot of hits from them too. I usually leave the government blocklist off, though, as apparently a lot of government employees download game patches and Linux distros on their work computers... Would think that a government as busy protecting against terrorism as they claim to be wouldn't have time for games...

Distributions I'd believe. And there are actual (legitimate) reasons to get a DODNIC address for a game patch, if you think about it.

Distributions I'd believe. And there are actual (legitimate) reasons to get a DODNIC address for a game patch, if you think about it.
Their employees are bored and are trying to connect to you on the same game patch torrent?

Yes it's widely used in torture tolerance training or brainwashing if you will

This is a (not all-inclusive) list of games being used by the DoD for training purposes. Plenty of surprise, and not-so-surprising, entries.

Back