• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4200+ am2 windsor overclocked temp??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atm743

hey all

last night igot board and i got kinda ****ed on how my cpu temp is kinda high when i run games or whatnot and wanted to know if it was normal of if its something i should worry about

i have my 2.2ghz stock 4200+ am2 overclocked to 2.5 and i have the core voltage at 1.485 and i have the cpu topped with a arctic 5 paste and i have a ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro but when i use asus ai booster the monitor says that the voltage is 1.54 to 1.59 ??

i know thats kinda high for air but why should it read that when i have it set to 1.458 in the bio's??

well anywho when it idles its around 34-35 C depending on my room temp. but when i game or when both cores are full load it can get up to 45 then go to 49C never seen it go over 50C

wanted to know if thats over doing it. basiclly im geting the same temps as i did before i re-seated the fan to the cpu. I honestly hate this cpu fan i would like to get a zalmans cpu cooler being how i had one on my 7900 gt and it worked GREAT plus its pure copper. this thing seems like its just cheap and its not even made from copper.

well lmk guys i just dont want to burn this cpu out because of the hot heat while gaming

sounds about right for the cooler IMO

what kinda thermal paste did you use?

have you tried to re set it to see if you get better temps?

sounds about right for the cooler IMO

what kinda thermal paste did you use?

have you tried to re set it to see if you get better temps?

useing arctic 5 paste i would but i ran out of paste :bang head

yeah my room gets kinda hot and i just opened my window and turned up the window fan and now when i play some games (messing with the sandbox 2 editior for crysis) i get around 44 c to 45C and thats really good so i guess its ok.

i thought i screwed up seating the heatsink but i think i did ok. i just get really nerviouse that all the paste that was on the cpu in the center was pushed to the edges (some was) and nothing was in the middle touching the base of the heatsink to the IHS

i just get really nerviouse that all the paste that was on the cpu in the center was pushed to the edges (some was) and nothing was in the middle touching the base of the heatsink to the IHS
If it came out the edges, you have too much. You should only use a rice size grain in the center. If you have an exposed die, put a light layer over it (or do the grain one). ;)

Im running a 4200+ at 2690Mhz with temps of 45c load and around 30-35c idle. This is aircooling by the way with a voltage of 1.4v. What heatsink are you using? Im using a scythe infinity cooler. The rest of my rig is in my sig :)

Back