• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get external monitor working!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

5|*42

I have a Acer laptop with a nVidia Go 7300, and an external Acer monitor (AL2051W). The other monitor is recognized (the model number and everything) by the graphics card, and I can set the right resolution (it's 1680 by 1050 or something odd like that), but no matter what I do (clone/dualview etc.) it won't work. I just get a "No Signal" error then the screen goes blank, at any resolution I try. I've used the monitor before (on a 6800), but it won't work with the 7300 Go for some reason. The drivers are updated, but I had to download them from Acer's website. I'm not sure if that would make any difference, but it seems that it's working fine, since it's recognized and I can set the right resolution, just nothing will actually show up on the monitor. Any ideas? Thanks a ton.

Back