• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Capture problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nvidiaOCmaster

I am trying to play my playstation 2 through my computer(via Svideo dongle) but I cant get it to show anything. I have the newest drivers, and everything is hooked up right. When I open TViewer and select the ATI source it just shows a flashing bar on top and a few random flashing bars, even when the PS2 is off. It shows the exact screen when I use VirtualDUB, too.

Does anyone know whats going on or what im doing wrong?

Card is a 256mb PCI-E X1900GT, AFAIK it supports video capture. If it didn't it wouldn't have come with the input wire.

That's probably video OUT.
Usually only TV tuners have video IN.

All internal cards have female receptacles, indifferent if they are video in or out.

Exactly what brand is your card?
(so we chan check exactly what it can/cannot do)

That's probably video OUT.
Usually only TV tuners have video IN.

All internal cards have female receptacles, indifferent if they are video in or out.

Exactly what brand is your card?
(so we chan check exactly what it can/cannot do)

Its video in for sure. one arrow points toward the plug and the other away from it for every video type, all in one dongle.

Its a Sapphire card.

Thanks for the fast response btw man :)

OK, the brocure says VideoIN, so I won't doubt it.
What is the PS2s s-video out; how many pins? (or is it component [cgb], or rca [yellow])
The PC is 9pin, so it is more annoying to link to older s-videos.

bump...how do I set it to svideo? I tried searching everywhere, even the ATI help.

Im running the latest CCC.

I'm suspicious that there is some kind of software in CCC blocking the stream...:confused: Try displaying a vcr, or less "proprietary" source of video and see if you get a picture. Newer versions of CCC have software that detects 'proprietary' video streams. Why? Well, we can't have people hooking up their DVD players to their computers and being able to record, right?:eek:

I don't know that this is your problem, but if you get a picture right off the bat when you hook up another source, you have your answer.

My All-in-Wonder 9800 suddenly quit being able to watch movies from a DVD player after I upgraded to the latest version of CCC. :bang head The display looked a lot like your description. My workaround was to revert to an older, buggier, (but still actually funtioning) version of the drivers.

You mentioned you opened TV Viewer and selected 'ATI' as the source... Isn't THAT the device settings??

Ya, device settings comes in the selection area. It'll give options like contrast, saturation, audio input, then it'll ask for input source. Worst case, just use composite input instead, problem solved.

Back