• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Motherboard for 8800 GTX SLI, w/ C2D e6300 (for OC)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Looking for a motherboard that will be a great overclocker for my c2d e6300. my current setup is in sig below. I will be adding a second 8800 gtx so i can run in sli.

should i look for a 650i or 680i? I dont want to spend too much on a motherboard, but i dont want a crappy clocker either. any suggestions?

edit:

i was thinking of the Asus P5N-E. its cheap and its gotten good reviews. Wise choice? or something else?

Last edited:
I'd get the EVGA 680i A1 board. Probably the best nvidia chipset board out there atm and you will be able to add in that second GTX when you get it.

either that or wait till around nov 15th or the 18th for NV's new SLI chipset, the NV7x0's.

+1 for the EVGA [Make sure it is A1]

I recommend waiting for the 7x0 series. either so that you can get a more future proof board or so that the 6x0 series prices drop.

The 750i and 780i are due by the end of November, while the 790i is due in January.

i got my scsi controller today and i realized that i need 3 pci x slots. What motherboard now should i get with my first post in mind?

nope for 2 gtx's he needs something in the range of 750-850 watt psu. a 520watt is not enough to handle 2 gtx's.

2 8800gtx's and a e6300 hmmm why not just go quad core, stay solo gtx and oc both and with the change buy a new mobo and 2gb more ddr2.

Back