• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will a stock Intel E6600 cooler work with an Intel QX6700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kestofer

Registered
Currently, I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor. I was able to obtain an Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700, just the processor. So my question is, will the stock cooler that came with my E6600 work with QX6700? At the moment, I don't really see any need for extreme overclocking, just minimal. So will the stock one work or would I need to purchase a new cooler capable of the needs of the QX6700? And if a new one is needed, what's a good air cooler heatsink to get? Thanks in advance.

if im not mistaken the E6600 stock cooler is the same one as the QX6700 cooler... the E6600 might have a lil slower fan the fan on mine tops out round 1750RPM... think the Q6600 is round 2400.

Im sure temps will be fine at stock clocks (heck you can even undervolt a good .1-.15v to lower temps a BUNCH!

but id get rid of it ASAP... get an ultra 120x :beer:

Back