• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best security suite

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAmMoen

I am looking for a good internet security suite (firewall, virus, and maybe spy/adware). I am willing to pay for it but it needs to be very good AND must work for xp 64 bit. Any good ones?

Yes, come this November 5th Eset will be releasing their brand new NOD32 security suit that will not only contain their excellent anti-virus but also a firewall and anti-spam.

It works with XP as well as both Vista 32 and 64. Go over to Wilders Security Forums. You can get tons of information there.

i am going to buy this tomorrow if this is true. If anyone finds the link tomorrow before I post back you should post the linky so it is easy to find and buy :)

i am going to buy this tomorrow if this is true. If anyone finds the link tomorrow before I post back you should post the linky so it is easy to find and buy :)
I would recommend against purchasing the new version (at time of this post) until you have properly evaluated it.

I recommend trying NOD32 3.0 for the entirety of the evaluation period; and decide whether or not to puchase credentials in December 2007.

I would recommend against purchasing the new version (at time of this post) until you have properly evaluated it.

I recommend trying NOD32 3.0 for the entirety of the evaluation period; and decide whether or not to puchase credentials in December 2007.

Ya that's the way to go. Another top notch suite with a small footpriont is Kaspersky. You can also DL a 30 day trial for free and it completely uninstalls if you don't like it.

so am I able to try out eset's security suite? Or am I only able to get the antivirus as a demo?

edit: I found the security suite download so nm.Thanks for your recommendations guys.

D'oh I even posted in that thread... sorry :p

Are the problems still there with Kaspersky 7? I just upgraded (free for KAS 6 users) and so far I like the new GUI. And I think there are a number of fixes for Vista. Not sure about 64bit OS though :shrug:. I'm still on XP 32.

The issues are with Kaspersky V7; the manufacturer has been advised of the issue, but has declined so far to address it or respond. XP-64 likely has too small of a customer base for them to bother with...

IMHO I would not go with a security suite. I feel that they are bloatware and use lots of system resources. I have used most of the different antivirus software out there and found the free version of AVG works as good if not better then most and its free. Also the free version of Zone alarm and Spybot Search and Destroy, Adaware free version, Spywareguard and Spywareblaster are all ones I use. Also CCleaner for system cleanup. Hope this helps and it saves you money.

I don't know about a small footprint but i have found Trend Micro's PC - chillin to be excellent.
It is only 50$/year for the right to install and use on 3 computers.
LINK
It also has recived excellent ratings for all types of prtections (spy/adware, virus, etc.)
I purchsed it because it was rated well by consumer reports, but I think there is a thread somewhaere on the forum or frontpage that rated it well too.

Back