• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista 64 drivers or manufacturer drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

usp8riot

I'm building my second PC after the one in my sig has served me very well for 4 years. But I'm upgrading to Vista 64(facepalm.jpg) reluctantly for the DX10 goodness but dual-booting with Linux. Anyhow, I'm purchasing an IP35 Pro and was wondering if the Vista drivers will suffice or should I use the official ones from the site, ie, chipset, SATA, LAN, etc? I'm looking for best performance and stability.

Ok, maybe it was a stupid question, idk. I haven't gotten the mobo or Vista yet so I'm just wanting to be prepared on how to make an optimal install.

Last edited:
I like to get the chipset (P35 & ICH9R) drivers directly from Intel.

LAN drivers from either Abit, or MS should be fine. I've never looked into those w/ much detail, though.

I couldn't run Lan on Foxconn P35A without bugs on vista 32 and 64 drivers and on drivers directly from realtek I had no problems ... so just check if all is ok but on manufacturer drivers You can get more options for example for audio ( once again I couldn't set all speakers on vista drivers).
Anyway it's good to be up to date with drivers.

I DL the latest drivers before doing an OS fresh install, and dont have any problems.

Chipset from intel, vid card from ATI, LAN from realtek etc etc

Back