• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Abit IP35 died this morning. RIP little buddy.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ohioviper

Well my IP35 took a crap last night and shut down and would not boot.I reset cmos and it tried to boot but still no luck. I let it set till this morning. Cleared it again and it booted. Ran for maybe 20 minutes and same again, no boot. So I started pulling parts and checking everything. Swapped PSU ,ram ect no luck.
So I pulled the board out to have a good look and found one of the small square black chips down by last pci slot all puffed up and burnt. So its on the way back to clubit today for a refund. I went ahead and bought the IP35 PROv 1.1 from clubit with hopes this was just a fluke. Anyone else have this before ? I have only had it for little over a week now and was not pushing it that hard. I was at 3.4 with 1.37 volts with @ 38 idle and load high of 52. Dont know maybe it was just bad chip. It never acted right from the start. Sometimes it would shut down for no reason, but it always rebooted and ran for hours fine.

Ok I found a pic and put red circle around the chip that burnt up.Anyone know what this chip does ? I'm guessing its for the PCIe video card power ?

Attachments

• IP35.jpg
    IP35.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
first i have heard of this happening to the ip35's.

might want to read rules about links in sig, thanks! :)

Something else I just thought of. Is my thermalright 120 going to clear the cooling on the chipsets ? The IP35 are much smaller looking than the PRO.

Something else I just thought of. Is my thermalright 120 going to clear the cooling on the chipsets ? The IP35 are much smaller looking than the PRO.
If I remember right...yes, it should fit. If it doesn't, you can always have the heatsink pointing up/down instead ;)

well im running a a ninja on my pro, you will no problems with a u120 on any of them.

case.jpg

Yep my Ultra 120 has plenty of clearance over the IP35 Pro's HSs. Great board. Had mine 1.5 months now and it is running sock solid at 450 MHz FSB.

Back