• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need for Speed Pro Street demo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardin

I played the demo for the 360 and the graphics were pretty good(it actually has anti aliasing unlike some other 360 games that I have played). There were only two races so it wasn't very long and it wasn't very hard. The cars are fairly easy to drive and there is even a driving line straight out of forza that makes it even easier. I'll download the pc demo later(if there is one) to see what kind of framerates I get in it. Overall I would say this is mediocre and will probably wait until it's $30 because $50 or $60 seems to much for this game.

mediocre is generous to the Need for Speed franchise as of late..... well since they started putting out all those Fast and the Furious based games annually.

I'll check it out when I get home.

What is the "theme"?

the theme is all about "professional" street racing. all the tracks are closed circuits except for the speed tracks which are on the highway. So no cops are traffic and no driving around the city or free roam. I don't really like this because if I wanted closed circuits. I would just play Forza which has real closed circuits.

the theme is all about "professional" street racing. all the tracks are closed circuits except for the speed tracks which are on the highway. So no cops are traffic and no driving around the city or free roam. I don't really like this because if I wanted closed circuits. I would just play Forza which has real closed circuits.
Hmm....that is my kind of game...I heard Forza is a VERY nice racing game.

If I want free-roam, I'll install Carbon/Most Wanted ;) (MW had the best cop chases).

Yes I think it's interesting but I am a little disappointed in the physiques. I would like them to be a little more realistic to fit with the theme.

Yes I think it's interesting but I am a little disappointed in the physiques. I would like them to be a little more realistic to fit with the theme.
What....do the cars fly or something? :eh?:

What....do the cars fly or something? :eh?:
Lol no I meant the driving physiques. The cars feel kind of arcadish. Like there are some times where you have to break but you don't really have to let off the gas for the most part.

PC demo is out now, and I will say that the game seems ok, but It's a rent, not a buy from my perspective. The game has too much of an SSX: Tricky feel to it. Tricky was my fav SSX of all, but the snowboarder attitude don't mesh with the "Pro Street" car driving attitudes.

For those who have played the demo should know what I'm talking about - the screen just before the race with the cars n people all standing around, and the announcer talking, reminds me of Tricky.

(Oh yeah, I dl the demo for PS3 and its decent, but it froze up when I tried to load the second race (the one with the GT-R)

Back