• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossfire, is it worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Only if you're buying 2 high-end cards to push it further, you might as well get one good card for the same price as it will perform generally the same as the Crossfire setup with 2 cheaper cards.

only if they are the highest end cards and for benchmarking or gaming at 1920x1200+ resolutions.

Higher end cards only really see the benifit from this. Sure it can be done with lower end cards but you'll won't be getting that great of performance from them which the next step in cards might beable to give.

Crossfire is great as a potential upgrade path, but I wouldn't start out your system that way.

When I bought my VC it was top notch. 4 months later it was severely underpowered. Crossfire meant I could upgrade to similar performance for $100 less. I can still keep up with most single high end cards.

But I wouldn't START with Xfire unless it was two very high end cards.

you cross fore is only any good if it is 2 high end cards or if you can only afford one and you want to upgrade in the future.

like mblue said if your thinking of buying 2 cards at once u would be better getting a faster single card

you cross fore is only any good if it is 2 high end cards or if you can only afford one and you want to upgrade in the future.

I still think it would be better to buy what you can afford now and buy a better card in the future. That way you don't have to buy a crossfire motherboard and you won't be stuck using an old board and video card.

The only benefit to crossfire/sli when they are used with two high end cards.

Back