• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

verifying dmi pool data

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

omniskillz

so i decided to reseat my cpu and reapply as5.
everything seemed to have reset, so i put back all the stats into bios.
would stop right before it would say verifying dmi pool data.

so i load optimized default, load to windows fine.

i start crashing, just random shut down or reboot.

mind u i tried my regular overclock and it would not show the verifying dmi pool data nor when i tried lower freq.

only showed when at default 200mhz.

now i removed one stick of ram, i was cleaning it cuz there was a lot of dust residue. qtip and alcohol.

im hoping its something benign. but.. what else could it be? just motherboard failiure?

Not sure kinda hard to figure out...

Have you tried to clear cmos and reseat everything?

try something different whats new in the system..

make sure you have all the option that you need disabled or enabled or set to auto

Q. During bootup my computer hangs at "Verifying DMI pool data." What is it and how do I fix it?

A. DMI or DesktopManagement Interface (pdf) is a layer of abstraction between system components and the software that manages them. The System Management BIOS (SMBIOS) is an extension of the Basic Input Output System (BIOS) that formulates and delivers this information to the operating system. The pool data is the information. In short, when the BIOS is "Verifying DMI pool data" it is verifying the table of data it sends to the operating system (Windows, etc.). If it isn't sucessful, it should return an error. Wait a reasonable period of time for it to finish. It may make take some time or it may be stuck. Possible fixes:

1. If you changed the hardware just before this problem occurred (e.g., installed a new hard disk drive), unchange it.

2. If you installed a new hard disk drive, set the motherboard CMOS Setup to Auto for the drive type. You may have to disconnect the drive first.

3. Enable "Reset Configuration Data" (may be "Force Update ESCD" in some CMOS Setuups) in the motherboard CMOS Setup PNP/PCI configuration. (Rebooting will automatically disabled it after it has done its thing.)

4. The CMOS may be corrupted. Clear it.

5. Disconnect all drives not required to boot the computer. If this fixes it, reconnect one at time.

6. The floppy drive may be bad or not connected properly.

7. Reseat all expansion boards.

8. Pull all boards not required to boot the computer.

found it on the net...

try to make sure and reinstall and only use 1 stick of ram neariest the cpu...

i think the issue is my memory or my memory controller chip. maybe i fried it with esd or maybe theres some dust on it? where is the memory controller chip on my dfi lanparty sli-dr board? lol.

i tried one dimm, different slots, same thing.

only thing my comp will boot at is 200mhz. with default mem settings.
play with mem settings and im screwed. so thats what leading me to think its the memory or something there.

i think the issue is my memory or my memory controller chip. maybe i fried it with esd or maybe theres some dust on it? where is the memory controller chip on my dfi lanparty sli-dr board? lol.
Your memory controller is on the processor ;)

My comp used to hang there if my memory was hitting it's cap, try lowering the divider?

i must of done something to the memory. cause i cant change any timing. or else i get random shut offs or no boot.

i ran orthos for 3 hours so far, no problems at default 200mhz, and i let the motherboard do default on the memory.

i was getting long beeps last night, and the manual stated long beep during post is a memory issue.

so im guessin, its the memory modules themselves, or the dimm slots or a combination of both :( either way its damn lame.

if thats the case, i need to sort out pieces and sell them and buy a new rig.

sigh.

well i have semi good news.
i was able to get into windows at 345mhz x9 for 3.1ghz
but orthos crashed soon as i started it.

i put memory on 1/2 divider...

and i went from load of 70 degrees to 55.. thats a big shave on temp.
which leads me to believe i did a ****ty job of puttin as5 on before... i tried covering the whole cpu with as5 before this time around i just did a dot in the middle.

so yeah whenever memory goes higher than 200mhz speed value, i crash. memory fails i guess....

any reason why memory would do that? would it just be the memory itself or something else? :bang head
kinda sad that i have a new steady overclock at 3ghz and now my memory is screwed.

the memory itself or could be the memory controller not liking that ram....

For some reason optys are alittle picky about the platform and ram they are ran with.

whats your vddim @ and what slots are you useing

im using orange slots, i got 2.66v goin to the dimms.
cpuz is tellin me its at 250mhz right now, i used 150 and 166 divider and both saying memory is at 250mhz

so i just ran 3dmark 05 scored 12912
no reboot yet, but if i run orthos large ftt to stress memory i get a shut down... dunno whats goin on...

ran super pi 1mb getting 28.4 seconds

lol think i edged out big mike a ocforum member. he had higher overclock on cpu and gpu yet i scored 400 pts more... weird.
http://service.futuremark.com/orb/resultanalyzer.jsp?projectType=12&XLID=0&UID=11920339

sounds to me at you may need to tweak the memory as for that I would see what settings you should use with memtest... The 166 divider always gives me problem I always try the 150 or 180 but at a 10x mulit 150 doesn't exist... I think.

Try alittle more vcore and test each stick to it's max then once you know which stick is better figure out which slot is better to have the slower stick in if ya get the drift,

mem divider at 5/6 166mhz and my fsb at 330 shouldn't i have a memory speed of 275mhz?
cpuz is tellin me im running 247.5 cpu/12

thoughts?

dunno lets see

200/166=1.2

330/1.2=275

Last edited:
guess i will have to believe my own calculations then
clockgen is telling me my memory is 273
ntune is telling me 277
cpuz is tellin me im 250

o well.

but im stable now, no more reboots.
upping vdimm to 2.66 and changing async to 8 fixed the rebooting.

cool yea I gotta test 4 different things on this expert as well after I return home sure it will be fun... darn ram timings get's yea just about everytime :D

165, 2xsets 2x1gb, 1 set pc4000vx stuff....

Back