• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Get 8800GT or wait for 8800GTS Rev2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlitzPuppet

Ok so I have the oppertunity to exchange my 8800GTS no cost for a 8800GT, should I take this or wait until the rev 2 of the GTS? I don't see much info on it so I thought I'd ask all of my fellow OCer's.

How much longer is your step-up?

It should be slightly better, hold up more at the higher AA res.

Assuming you're talking about the eVGA step-up program, I see no reason to trade in your current GTS for a GT unless you're close to the end of the grace period. IMHO, I'd say wait it out to see how the G92 core GTS performs.

step up is until march. I could always step up to the GTS do they do a step up for a step up or not? (I step up to 8800GT, then step up to 8800GTS rev2).

AFAIK, you can only step-up once, hence the recommendation to wait it out :beer:

Ok, well I'll talk to my EVGA rep tomorrow and see what he can do for me :) .

All I'm really worried about is putting my HR-03Plus to waste :( .

Then sit back and relax, wait for the 8800GTS reviews to pour out and "9800" news to slowly roll in and then hit you like a train :attn:

oh, man. a 1 year step-up is KILLER. i'm on that bff train like a hobo skipping town. what exactly does that mean though??? :confused:

Back