• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Call of Duty 4 Reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveLord

Gamespot 9.0

GOOD: High-quality story mode packs in a lot of thrilling and unexpected moments. Well-designed multiplayer progression gives you something to shoot for online. Terrific audiovisual presentation.

BAD: Campaign mode is much shorter than those of the average shooter.

It's a shame that the single-player is so brief, but you should only skip out on Call of Duty 4 if you're the sort of person who doesn't appreciate great first-person shooter multiplayer. The quality of the content in the campaign is totally top-shelf, and the multiplayer is some of the best around, making this a truly superb package.

IGN 9.4 / 10

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a fantastic game. The single-player experience is easily Infinity Ward's best work to date. Calling it intense may be an understatement. The overall story is standard action movie fare, but the relationships built over the short five hours of play are surprisingly strong. Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.

Infinity Ward has done it again. Call of Duty 4 is a winner.

Looks like our prayers have been answered. The multiplayer is a hit!

Could be interesting, was never really a COD fan but could give this one a go.

I would have to agree with them, except I'm having some serious frame rate issues when trying to play MP so I don't know what it's like yet.

I just watched a video of the gameplay and I have to admit I am pretty impressed. It looks really fast paced and will more than make up for my lack of <3 for CS:Source...

Yet another game I'll probably be picking up once I build the new comp...

yeah this game looks good, I'll have to try the demo, I've been seeing media on this for awhile and it looks gorgeous then just today I heard it's not a system hog. I have always been impressed by the way COD games flow, they keep your attention, excellent presentation, huge fire fights I am so happy to see them pull out of the WWII genre with it too.

Was anyone else surprised by the turn the first mission took? I just didn't expect to be running for my life like that right off the bat.

Looks like our prayers have been answered. The multiplayer is a hit!

Isn't this what rainless was saying a couple weeks ago? The MP in COD 4 is daBomb. He and many others around the net didn't seem to have the same vigour for Crysis MP (beta). Considering the SP is so short in COD 4 I would say the developers designed this game for MP with a strong but short SP campaign. I bet we'll see a couple expansions in the near future for the SP though. Not huge MP guy myself so I'll proly wait on this one, even though I am really looking forward to it. The SP demo was everything the reviews are saying about the full campaign IMO :thup:

this game is unlike any Call of Duty ever made. Its completely different besides the GUI that is. Ive played counter strike for over 5 years, i played competitively and i have to say there is nothing more fun or fast paste then the 8 man death match in this game. If you get high enough rank its even faster. i feel in love with it in the Beta, thank god i was a game stop employee and got in it after it was closed. i have it for the 360 and will be picking it up a PC version when i can. There is officially non left in game stops in the orange County ,California, region , Unless you had it reserved, and estimated to run out by Tomorrow morning all over California. So if you didn't have it reserved i would say forget game stop and hit somewhere else. Again i only speak for California.

My point of view. must get, GL

Isn't this what rainless was saying a couple weeks ago? The MP in COD 4 is daBomb. He and many others around the net didn't seem to have the same vigour for Crysis MP (beta). Considering the SP is so short in COD 4 I would say the developers designed this game for MP with a strong but short SP campaign. I bet we'll see a couple expansions in the near future for the SP though. Not huge MP guy myself so I'll proly wait on this one, even though I am really looking forward to it. The SP demo was everything the reviews are saying about the full campaign IMO :thup:

Yeah, but why would we only care what he says? :beer:

As far as performance, there are some claiming that it runs on 9800pros....

I'll take the fact that HE cared (and remembered) as compliment enough.
Thanks Thund3r. :beer:

Yes, the MP is great
I played for about 2.5 hours last night
you gain points and get ranks much like BF2

But unlike BF2, you get 1 shot kill Melee attacks

What game types are in multi? I haven't even fired multi up yet.

I played the first 3 SP missions last night and I have to say it rocks. I give it a 9.5/10 only b/c there are a few bugs that need patched. Can't wait to get some multi but I have to bet SP first :D. Awesome game. May just be the best COD yet.

Doh!!! i cant wait to get it today, against my better judgment i will buy it. How do the points system work, do you get better guns?!?!??!?!

*EDIT* Bah its so close to Christmas and this would be a great gift from my bro, i may have to hold off till then.

Last edited:
Back