• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ADM/ATi Readying DX10.1 AGP Parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good news. The HD2000 are nice in many respects: low power requirements, compact, top-notch decode, and IQ, but the 3D performance is a bit dissapointing compared to what was available from the previous generation. Hopefully, the HD3000 will rectify that.

If I had an Intel p4 I wouldn't bother, as the netburst architecture is incapable of cranking out the fps's as well as a A64, or my Pentium M equipped machine which will beat any single core A64. But then not everyone runs the insane resolutions that they always seem to benchmark the latest games on, I'm quite happy to run 1024x768 with a bit of AA and AF if need be, so possibly an overclocked P4 (3.2ghz and up) might just be able to cope. If a hd3850 can give enough of a increase over my current 7800gs AGP then I would seriously consider it. There is also some rumour that Nvidia may be bringing out an 8800gt AGP, but we'll have to wait and see what happens leading up to Christmas.
I would only do this for the newer titles like Bioshock and Crysis which crawl between 10 and 30 fps at medium settings with the 7800gs.

Back