• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gears of War pc...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zewt

... has almost no players online! LOL.

Oh well, it's only the first day. I hope a good amount of people will try it because I think it's a pretty solid experience, MP and SP.

If anyone wants to GoW pc it up, my Live name is MurdoJensen.

Peace.

IR1: I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any cross platform capability with GoW PC. I do know, however, that you can log onto your Windows Live using your Xbox live pass and username. They are, essentially, the same thing... with a few minor differences.

IR1: I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any cross platform capability with GoW PC. I do know, however, that you can log onto your Windows Live using your Xbox live pass and username. They are, essentially, the same thing... with a few minor differences.

Zewt is correct, they did not impletement cross-platform for GoW even though several people are believe so.

Link
Third question down.

It would haver been nice if they would just make all of the games of the same name cross platform compatible.

It would haver been nice if they would just make all of the games of the same name cross platform compatible.

Has this even been pulled off at all yet? Did it ever happen with that Final Fantasy MMO?

I think its a rather difficult task. I would pay for GOLD to spank console gamers, but I'm sure it would cause an uproar with others.

I am waiting for a demo.Not sure if I will like it.Anyone hear any news about plans for a PC demo ?

This game looks very nice bit worry about the console feeling, that ducking and all.

Would be really good if once they would release a console and pc FPS, a few flawless victory would be a good demonstration to some of my friends.

I think it was done with one game, but I can't remember. The bottom line is that console gamers cannot even attempt to keep up with us PC gamers when it comes to shooters. The dexterity of a seasoned PC gamer with a KB+mouse combo is just head and shoulders above and beyond that of any gamepad wielding consoler.

Can you imagine the turf wars and discrimination that would develop if there was a cross platform FPS, and PC users and Console users had a particular icon or something identifying them to their system?

I think it would be kinda funny.

Can you imagine the turf wars and discrimination that would develop if there was a cross platform FPS, and PC users and Console users had a particular icon or something identifying them to their system?

I think it would be kinda funny.

It would be Gears of War anymore, it would be Platforms of War. Would be sweet though :)

I would love to be able to play cross console. It would give me a chance to shut some of my friends up who think console gamers are so good. I would like to let them see just how good we pc gamers are with our keyboard and mouse.

I would love to be able to play cross console. It would give me a chance to shut some of my friends up who think console gamers are so good. I would like to let them see just how good we pc gamers are with our keyboard and mouse.

In the days of Doom 1/2 I was a keyboarder. And back then, playing against KB/mouse adepts on MBBS systems, I would spank them. Yes, the mouse allows you to turn around unrealistically fast, but I just didn't care. I'd rather have the smooth motion.. Now, I play TF2 with my Xbox 360 wired controller, and spank people who are using the KB/mouse. I dunno how 'good' console gamers are, but it's pretty arrogant to assume that just because you play on a PC you are better than them.

/end rant

Well mouse make it far easier to aim..especially for headshots. I bet if you tried playing sniper with a mouse and then with a 360 controller, you would do better with a mouse.

Actually, I find it easier to make fine adjustments with an analog stick compared to a mouse.. I only have a 10x10" area for my mouse, if I had several feet, it would be different, but with an analog stick on a gamepad, I can move it a little bit to move slowly, or a lot to move fast.. With a mouse, you need lots of room to have the same control..

Shadowrun is cross platform. There is an achievement for playing with someone who has Vista.

I'm actually really disappointed about Gears being non-x-platform. I probably won't be picking it up now.

In the days of Doom 1/2 I was a keyboarder. And back then, playing against KB/mouse adepts on MBBS systems, I would spank them. Yes, the mouse allows you to turn around unrealistically fast, but I just didn't care. I'd rather have the smooth motion.. Now, I play TF2 with my Xbox 360 wired controller, and spank people who are using the KB/mouse. I dunno how 'good' console gamers are, but it's pretty arrogant to assume that just because you play on a PC you are better than them.

/end rant

Well realistically, the m/kb user can be more versatile than the controller user. Doesn't mean its impossible to be good with a controller, but its right to assume than the m/kb user come out on top more often.

This goes especially for more tactical games...instead of just run n gun deathmatch.
PS. ShadowRun was an overhyped Vista requiring flop, more so than HALO 2.

Back