• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone ever returned to Frys?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigglish

I have to return my Emprex 32" that was in Cyber Deals a week or so ago. Has anybody here ever had to do a return? Anything I should know? Did it go smoothly?

I have three times, but they were not expensive items (two motherboards and a box of CD cases).

No hassles at all.

they're pretty easy on the return, the dam store dump it back to the factory, they don't care really. That's a good way to do business IMO, there's sour grape that keep returning but overall i think it's a good way to do things. Factory get good sale because fry sale stuff like crazy, fry operate cheap (you can tell by the store and how crappy it is). consumer get stuff for cheap. Easy return.

One of my favorite store to shop at... they got decent price on alot of stuff.

Very easy store to return to, surprisingly, and they get your money back to your CC within 3 or 4 days usually. Considering their customer support every where else just plain sucks. Usually they just take the item back and resell it as an open box item (you can see these items throughout the store with orange tags and huge barcodes on them). Usually for a $1 or $2 discount.

Returns to Fry's are very easy. Have done this many times. And have bought many things from Fry's as well.

I live in Southern California. There are many Fry's here, so I go there all the time.

One thing I have recently learned is to be careful with their motherboard and CPU combos. What I have found is that they often put in a very good CPU--brand new, never used, but the motherboard is often a customer return. Sometimes, there is labeling on it, indicating a customer return. Sometimes, there is no labeling, indicating such.

My current mobo ASUS P5K E WiFi--see my sig--was bought from Fry's along with the CPU, E6550. It turns out that the board was a customer return, despite the fact that the box was wrapped/packaged with plastic ties, giving the impression of being factory sealed!

I opened the box. All the plastic bags containing the motherboard accessories have been ripped open! And there was no driver CD for the motherboard!

Fortunately, I could go online to download the drivers! And that was exactly what I did!

Previous to the Asus board I just mentioned, I also tried the Gigabyte P53C DS3R(?) with the combo of an E6750. The first board never booted up, and the second one worked for one day before the BIOS was mysteriously corrupted!

So I returned it!

Returns to Fry's have been no problems to me, but I have since learned to be very careful with some of the items they sell there, because they MAY be customer returns!

Other retailers or etailers could be doing this as well!

So be careful! All of us!

Last edited:
A LONG time ago when I returned something (mother board) they had to find a cpu and hsf to prove that it really didn't boot.

Haven't had to return anything since.

That sucks man, it's a good TV though. I've had mine since last year's BF sale and it's still working fine. By the way, what happened to it, I really hope mine doesn't suddenly die out after a while. Good luck on the return. Don't forget the receipt, if you lost it, Frys will be a PAIN to return to.

Back