• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting low VID Q6600s above 360FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Papafox

I have two really nice Q6600 G0s with VIDs of 1.1625. I run them on an Abit IP35Pro and on an Asus P5BPremium. My problem is that neither CPU will boot at more than 360 FSB, no matter where I set the multiplier.

I have run the Asus board at 475 FSB with my E6400 CPU, so I know the board and memory can handle higher FSB settings. My guess? From the attached screenshots, you can see that the CPU is running at 1.050V when at 6X multiplier. Is this voltage too low for running at higher FSBs? How can I raise the 6X voltage without cranking up the 9X voltage? I typically run at 3.15Ghz and a 1.325 Vcore setting. You would think than on one or both of the motherboards I could run at 400 fsb x 6 = 2.4Ghz speed, but this is not possible. Any suggestions?
Thx,
Papafox
P5BPremidle.JPG
P5BPremload.JPG

Last edited:
up the cpuvtt/cpugtl on the ip35-pro...i dought the asus has cpuvtt/CPUGTL since its 965

Discovery!
Even though I set the multiplier on the Abit IP35 pro board to 6, I was still getting a multiplier of 9 under load showing on CpuZ. This was after shutting down computer and a fresh restart. Any ideas what is causing this unresponsiveness to my change?

BTW, by upping the cputt and cpugtl on the Abit board I was able to get above 3.4 Ghz. Still, I'd like to try other multipliers and FSB speeds, but I'm wondering if my Abit MB has a bug.

On the Asus board I discovered that I could not change the multiplier when I set it in during Hibernate mode (FSB changes work fine when set in during recovery from hibernate). When I rebooted the change to a lower multiplier took place. So... one mystery has been solved: both boards were still setting 9X as multiplier and for this reason I couldn't get a 400FSB at the VCores I was using. Now the only question remaining is trying to figure out how to get the Abit board to take the multiplier change I've set in.

Last edited:
the ip35-pro has no bug... this is the first i have heard of that happening... have you disabled C1E/EIST in the bios?

I get the same problem with CPU-Z. It incorrectly displays my cpu parameters.

Evilsizer or anyone,
I have revision 11 of the IP35 Pro BIOS, and I could not find CiE/E1ST in the uGuru utility. Is it located somewhere else in the BIOS? Is there much to be gained by updating to revision 14 of the BIOS?
Thx,
Papafox

Back