• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fragged3d

I am building a new rig and I have several questions about cooling so I thought I would put them all in one thread. First my system specs:

Q6600 2.4ghz Quad 4
EVGA 680i A1 New Version mobo
4gb OCZ Ram ddr2 800mhz
4- 500gb Sata WD Drives
2- Geforce 800gts 640mb
P182 Antec Case
620HX Corsair ps

I have the cpu waterblock, I chose the Dtek Fuzion. My cooling order will consist of the following unless I get better advice:

2-Dtek gpu waterblocks
1-EK NB waterblock, unable to find sb block
3-Swiftech 220 radiators
9-120mm Yate loon fans
1-MCp-655 Swiftech pump
2-EK 220 reservoirs
1/2 line

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks,
Ryan

first off, forget the 8800 gts 640mb cards and go for the better (and cheaper) 8800 GT cards in sli.
Another thing, get a higher power psu... i had the corsair 520w and wanted to go 8800 gtx sli and i needed to upgrade. I went for the Corsair 750w. That kind of psu will last you more then one upgrade.

Ive never done watercooling, so i will leave that to more knowledgeable people.

:welcome: to OCF!!!

Air cool the north bridge and south bridge, not worth the effort or the pressure drop the blocks will cause...

You only need one res! (purists will say you don't even need that and should make do with a T-line alone)

I would only get two rads imo, but not really sure how the third one would affect temps.

And do what Vio1 said!

Looks like money isnt a problem, so why not grab another pump and make 2 seperate loops. The quad in one and your sli setup on the other. Like Vio1 said, ditch the GTS cards and get the GT.

I already have the hardware computer wise. Unfortunately I bought both GTS cards before finding out about the GT cards. I am going to wait and see if they bring out anything newer in the next two months and if so I am going to utilize their step up program.

Back