• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1/2 life help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbell

the real xtremesys admin in exile
anyone out here have any good tips or codes to use on half life, half life blueshift or half life opposing force?

Much appriciated!

Joe

Just one tip--PLAY THE GAME THROUGH WITHOUT ANY CHEATS.

At least the first time through. This game has got such a GREAT story, it would be a shame to take away all the suspense and surprises that it offers. It's almost as good as being IN a movie with self-determination. Gameplay is well set up so you don't have to save your game every two minutes. Play the levels through the first time without saving, just for the enjoyment of it. You will find that if you are careful, you can get through many of them alive the first time. You can then go back and replay the level if you took too much damage the first time.

OK, just one tip: Don't shoot the guards. They are on your side--and they can be useful!

mbigna said:
Just one tip--PLAY THE GAME THROUGH WITHOUT ANY CHEATS.

At least the first time through. This game has got such a GREAT story, it would be a shame to take away all the suspense and surprises that it offers. It's almost as good as being IN a movie with self-determination. Gameplay is well set up so you don't have to save your game every two minutes. Play the levels through the first time without saving, just for the enjoyment of it. You will find that if you are careful, you can get through many of them alive the first time. You can then go back and replay the level if you took too much damage the first time.

OK, just one tip: Don't shoot the guards. They are on your side--and they can be useful!

I always play at least once with no cheats - but I need a guide or somethign cuase I am stuck and getting my butt reamed!!!!

had to start over

the game auto saved with one health point and no where to go for help!

jbell said:
had to start over

the game auto saved with one health point and no where to go for help!
Didn't you have other save-points to go back to?

I had to get a little help from a walkthrough the first time i played it too ;)

mbigna said:

i always keep the guards with me until they hit their limit (they will only go so far with you) and then kill them for their ammo later, LOL. man, am i evil?

Back