• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running torrentflux on SUSE 10 server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_Gherkinoid

Registered
Hi all,

I'm in the middle of installing torrentflux with a web based gui on my SUSE 10.0 VPS, the machine has Plesk 8.2 running on it. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the web user is on SUSE, when browsing to my IP/bittorrent/setup.php it brings up a 404 error (the file is there), the bitorrent folder, I believe is in the right directory srv/www/vhosts/bittorrent/ but the permissions are still as root and I think I need to chown the folder to the web user to make it publicly viewable. If anyone knows... help:eek:, I've Googled but can't find anything useful.

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of installing torrentflux with a web based gui on my SUSE 10.0 VPS, the machine has Plesk 8.2 running on it. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the web user is on SUSE, when browsing to my IP/bittorrent/setup.php it brings up a 404 error (the file is there), the bitorrent folder, I believe is in the right directory srv/www/vhosts/bittorrent/ but the permissions are still as root and I think I need to chown the folder to the web user to make it publicly viewable. If anyone knows... help:eek:, I've Googled but can't find anything useful.

Plesk may run as it's own user. Apache webserver usually runs as apache.

Try:
Code:
chown -R apache foo/foo/bittorrent

Might work?

yeah I tried that but it cam up with an error saying apache isn't a user

chown: `apache': invalid user

So I've been looking through other directories in vhosts folder and they are for all the different web sites running on the server, these are set up through the Plesk interface and the user seems to be set to what I defined as the ftp username when creating them, I tried chowning the bittorrent folder to one of these, it worked but i still couldn't browse to the folders contents through a browser, the HOW TO I'm using is written for ubuntu so is a little different, the link to it is <a href="http://wolphination.com/linux/2007/10/25/how-to-setup-a-web-based-bittorrent-client/">J_K9 @ Linux HOW TO: Setup a Web-based BitTorrent Client</a> in case that helps.

The contents of one of the website's folders is below, psaserv is not a valid user, I tried that. Could it be an option to make a user for bittorrent and if so what permissions would he need.

drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 1.0K Oct 16 00:58 .
drwxr-xr-x 13 root root 1.0K Nov 9 17:40 ..
drwxr-x--- 5 st3v3 psaserv 1.0K Oct 6 20:59 anon_ftp
drwxr-x--- 3 st3v3 psaserv 1.0K Oct 6 20:59 cgi-bin
drwxr-x--- 2 root psaserv 1.0K Oct 16 01:01 conf
drwxr-xr-x 2 root psaserv 1.0K Oct 6 20:59 error_docs
drwxr-x--- 7 st3v3 psaserv 1.0K Oct 6 20:59 httpdocs
drwxr-x--- 7 st3v3 psaserv 1.0K Oct 6 20:59 httpsdocs
drwxr-x--- 2 root psaserv 1.0K Oct 6 20:59 pd
drwx------ 2 st3v3 root 1.0K Oct 6 20:59 private
dr-xr-x--- 7 root psaserv 1.0K Oct 6 20:59 statistics
drwxr-xr-x 2 root psaserv 1.0K Oct 6 20:59 subdomains
drwxr-xr-x 2 root psaserv 1.0K Oct 6 20:59 web_users

I could be looking at this the wrong way though and stuff might be in the wrong directory... any suggestions welcome.

Back