• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my asrock board is clocking better than my gigabyte ds3p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geofrancis

ive just bought a new motherboard (gigabyte g965-ds3p) to replace my old asrock conroe 1333 so i could overclock my E2160 further it used to be able to do 3.15ghz @ 9 x 350fsb 1.55v but my sata controller would flake out any further than that so i knew it was the board holding me back.

so as i said i bought this board so i could overclock further and i cant get it to boot with anything faster than 334 fsb !

my ram is cl4 ddr2 800 at a 1:1 5-5-5-18 so its only around 668mhz so i know its not holding me back.

my pci-e is set to 100mhz

i dropped the multi down to 6 so my cpu was only at 2ghz and it still wont boot over 334fsb

ive upped the chipset /fsb/pci-e/ram voltage didnt help

i disabled everything i could in the bios only left the usb on for my keyboard

next thing i tried was using the gigatune utility in windows and ive got it to 365mhz before it starts making errors in prime 95.

has anyone overclocked this board before? or has any sugestions??

thanks

i have tried setting the multi to 6 and going straight for 400fsb and it didnt work

the strange thing is it wont start up at all past about 345ish fsb it just keeps switching on and off a few times like its trying to start up then resets back to 200fsb and comes on. i have to use set fsb or the gigatune utility in windows to get to 356fsb 1mhz more and i get crashes and errors on prime 95

if i go for 400ish it just keeps going on and off till i reset the bios

i find it strange that i can only overclock to 334ish stable in the bios before it refuses to start thats only a 1mhz OC for this board as its rated for 1333fsb thats why i find it strange that its not working :S.

is there such a thing as a FSB wall on the core 2 duos? its the only thing i can think of thats stopping it.
i read on another forum somewhere that someone had a motherbord and cpu that could do say 450fsb but when he put this other cpu in it wouldnt go past 400 or sumthin even when he lowered the multi

Last edited:
Back