• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12V showing 11.71... wth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoodleGTS

Hey guys,

So I'm running an Ultra X3 1000w PSU and my 12V line shows 11.71V. A couple questions:

1) Is this a problem??
2) Is it fixable??
3) Will it affect my comp? I can't seem to get my Q6600 stable at 3.2Ghz even at 1.475 Vcore and I think that it could be the PSU. Temps are 35 Idle, 62 full load under 2xOrthos.

I read many good reviews on this power supply and it shouldn't be doing this. Maybe I got a bad one.

Thanks

1) Is this a problem??
2) Is it fixable??
3) Will it affect my comp? I can't seem to get my Q6600 stable at 3.2Ghz even at 1.475 Vcore and I think that it could be the PSU. Temps are 35 Idle, 62 full load under 2xOrthos.
No
Not really
No

Is that a software reading or one from multiplier. If it is a software reading then it is hard to tell if it is a good one.

C'mon, these days, a dirt cheap $5 china made DMM is alot better than relying the software in reading those voltage rails.

C'mon, these days, a dirt cheap $5 china made DMM is alot better than relying the software in reading those voltage rails.
Yeah just go over to radio shack and you can pick up a DMM for like $30. That's what I did. Measures my computers voltages just fine.

Back