• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Seagate 7200.10 RAID 0...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RafaDel

Guys

I've looking at some numbers after installing a pair of those new Barracudas 7200.10 and confess that is quite disappointing. Comparing with my old Hitachi they are kind of limited around 80MB/sec in a constant matter.

Am I doing some thing wrong? From the picture results are both sets RAID0 in a DFI Lanaparty NF4 Ultra D using NForce controller SATA2. In blue the results of the Barracudas

Any ideas?

raidszj1.jpg

Clearly not the drives, but a setting limiting bandwidth right now. Try the above and make sure you have write caching enabled as well in one of the drive/controller tabs in the Device Manager.

Im running an NF4 board and my 3x 80Gbs only get 110Mb/s constant.
Could be ur controller.

The matrix raid controllers , ICHR bla bla simthin or other chip, are suposed to run a lot better. I will compare them when i get my Asus P5K.

Im running an NF4 board and my 3x 80Gbs only get 110Mb/s constant.
Could be ur controller.

The matrix raid controllers , ICHR bla bla simthin or other chip, are suposed to run a lot better. I will compare them when i get my Asus P5K.
The NF4 controller can support the same bandwidth that any Intel controller can. Actaully performance is different, but a benchmark should be the same comparing the same drives on each controller. I could average 149MB/s with my 2 Raptors on that same board. He just needs to find the setting that limiting the drives. He should be getting around 120MB/s average.

David, 93 MB/s is too low for 4 x 7200.10 drives, what strip size ? Have you pulled the jumper at the drives ?

Stupid mistake on my part, I forgot to enable write-back cache on the drives. The RAID0 is now averaging 272.8mb/s with a minimum of 243.4mb/s and a maximum of 282.9mb/s. Access time is 7.2ms and the burst rate is 2204.2mb/s.

Does this sound about right? I'm much happier with the performance now being nearly tripple :)

Back