• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Overdrive Utility for the RD790 series [Preview]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it makes me wonder if I could really get a better over clock with this then using the bios. note they also use the 5000+ black and everyone is getting good over clocks. they talked bout it running at 3.54 GHz on stock volts but did they run prime95 or something like that to make sure it was a ""true"" stable over clock? sure I got chips going really fast but there not stable.

new vids of AMD Overdrive in action...

in the second vid, that's almost a 50% increase in score using the auto-overclock feature in Overdrive

new vids of AMD Overdrive in action...

in the second vid, that's almost a 50% increase in score using the auto-overclock feature in Overdrive

It almost looks too good to be true. I'm going to reserve judgment until I get it in my hands, but I am certainly excited with the possibilitys

One of the videos I saw last night was lame with just talk about OD and whats up with videographers these days, are they all NOOBs. Shaking, chopping off the top of head, bugger shots and excess movement. Reminds me of highschool journalism.

This tool should speed up the process as it looks a lot more comprehensive than the toys from the past. We should be able to just walk up clocks in small increments until that core fails and then step back. Same for ram. This video should show one fail just for the experience.

Last edited:
if the system freezes during overclocking (both manual and auto), when you reboot it will use the last good settings, based on what your last input was :D

if the system freezes during overclocking (both manual and auto), when you reboot it will use the last good settings, based on what your last input was :D

Providing , of course, you saved your last working config ;), or does it save it for you automatically?

Did it OC the VGA as well ? Was not clear to me, I bet we won't be able to just up the multis like he did.

That he did 3G was good but oddly the max HT was 215 just what other Phenom OCs reached. The tool is just gonna make oc easier faster plus the individual core OC which without a proper tool to dedicate threads like video thread to the fastest core is kinda useless.

Did it OC the VGA as well ? Was not clear to me, I bet we won't be able to just up the multis like he did.

That he did 3G was good but oddly the max HT was 215 just what other Phenom OCs reached. The tool is just gonna make oc easier faster plus the individual core OC which without a proper tool to dedicate threads like video thread to the fastest core is kinda useless.

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to overclock the vga card, provided it's an AMD, wouldn't make sense to put this much thought into it to restrict it to the cpu. I guess this makes third party tools like Abit's uguru pretty useless on the 7 series chipsets.

Back