• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just a quick question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terranova

So my 8800GT came in yesterday, i installed it, reinstalled xp pro, and installed crysis, i about ****ed my pants when i saw that i was able to play it on our HDTV using 1080i at high settings, it feels like it doesnt even tax the system, the difference from my 9800pro P4 machine to this 8800GT C2D E6600 is like night and day im loving it, but anyways about my question. When i go to install games my cpu usage shoots up to 55-60% and my sounds gets all muffed up and the mouse gets laggy and my machine is just extremely slow, which i know damn well it shouldnt be like this, because i installed 8 programs at the same time when i did the fresh install. Am i missing something here or is my pc just muffed up and i need to get over it, plus my sound in crysis cuts out every so often and it sounds like crap, stupid creative and there crappy driver installations.....

So it worked fine on a fresh install?

Try disabling/removing the sound card and see if the lag issues go away. If it does, see if you can find a different driver for the sound card.

ya...its gotta be my sound card, i was playing BF2142 and everything was running fine, but then all of a sudden i got a fat lag spike it froze for 15 seconds and then it came back playing every single sound that BF2142 has just shortly playing a small clip of it..man i need a new sound card..

ya...its gotta be my sound card, i was playing BF2142 and everything was running fine, but then all of a sudden i got a fat lag spike it froze for 15 seconds and then it came back playing every single sound that BF2142 has just shortly playing a small clip of it..man i need a new sound card..
Well, I don't think it is a hardware issue, otherwise you should have the problem when the drivers are not installed. See if you can get an older version of the driver and make sure that it is made for the operating system you using.

ok i think i fixed it, i used the newest driver from creatives website, and well luckily i had the old driver install from a while back, its working just fine now. Stupid creative lol

ok i think i fixed it, i used the newest driver from creatives website, and well luckily i had the old driver install from a while back, its working just fine now. Stupid creative lol
Glad to hear you got it fixed! :D

I know there are a "few" (read: a lot) of issues with their drivers ;)

gah! so i have no idea what the problem is now, i got the lag issue while installing games and what not resolved but still when i play crysis, it freezes and the sounds skip, like it cant load something, im starting to think my hard drive is the next culprit, but its a brand new 250 gig WD SATAII, so i moved all of my game installs onto an old hard drive of mine but i dont have time to see if it worked or made a difference, ill check when i get home tonight, thanks for your help sir :)

Back