• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High Priority?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
What is the deal! My machine can definately feel the effects of SETI when all 4 cores are running 'high priority'! What is it? Can I stop it? I only want 'normal' priority is there a way to do this?

By default, Seti applications have a very low priority. You can try changing them in task manager, but I don't know if that change is permanent.

What is the deal! My machine can definately feel the effects of SETI when all 4 cores are running 'high priority'! What is it? Can I stop it? I only want 'normal' priority is there a way to do this?

Of course, you can stop them, but those WU's are critical (thus the highp designation). SETI isn't as serially organized in their WU's as FAH, but every DC project has some element of "gotta do this before we can do *that*", to it.

I haven't read anything about being able to pick the type of WU you want to crunch with SETI.

What say ye, oh sages of SETI?

I think the work unit's you see running that way self trigger to insure they complete before the deadline, pretty sure you can't change the running state either.

Ya just Snooze or set BOINC to run on three cores.

I wasn't aware SETI ran at anything but "Low" priority. However, I have seen the "High Priority" WUs on a number of occasions. That means they've been received and have a more recent Due Date than the WUs being processed at the time of download - at least, that's been my experience.

Nik, don't you have a couple or so other WUs showing some work time but no longer running and not completed?
And does sysmon really show the "High Priority" units running at something other than "Low" ...?

Back