• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tiff to jpeg converter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imposter

Hello, My school and i are working on our year book. And we so happen to have a super censored internet that does not allow file sizes above a certain size to be uploaded. I have spoken with the schools comp/internet administrator, and we have the approval of uploading these images to the year book website except we have to do it one picture at a time, and in a very low format size. so we need to convert our huge tiff (2MB) images to jpegs that are about 200KB each. Now rather than dumbing 1 picture into photoshop at a time and converting them into jpegs, is there anyway to do this in bulk? Everything is on 2 mac computers so it needs to be mac compatible. worst case we can get a windows based laptop and convert it with that, but it would be easier if anyone knows of free ware mac program that can convert in bulk. Or if photoshop has that option, can someone tell me how to do it.

for the future we will upload all images at home with my fast upload connection, but since we are coming up on one of our deadlines, some images need to be uploaded in school.

thanks so much,

~IMP~

Last edited:
Paint Shop Pro has a batch conversion option.

Another choice is Jasc Image Robot if you want more features. It does a ton of other stuff too, like apply filters to all the images, level adjust all the images......pretty much everything you can do in Paint Shop Pro you can do to multiple images using Image Robot.

convert our huge tiff (2MB) images to jpegs that are about 200KB each. Now rather than dumbing 1 picture into photoshop at a time and converting them into jpegs, is there anyway to do this in bulk?
Usually Photo or image managiing programs can batch convert. If the Mac(s) is running Windows, a lot of software exists and can be used to do what you specified. I am not sure what image managment software exists on non-Microsoft operating systems.

photoshop has that option, can someone tell me how to do it.
Photoshop indeed has the ability.

With Photoshop 7.0.1 (not sure about other versions), one may use the "File -> Automate -> Batch..." option. An an action file with image conversion capability would be required.

Alternately, "File -> Automate -> Web Photo Gallery..." may be selected. From the dialog, folder with images may be selected and destination folder may also be selected. Uncheck "Resize Images" and Click OK. Photoshop will then automatically open and save the images to the JPEG format. I am not sure what quality of the JPEG files are outputed.

Back