• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what the hell is wrong with my computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I highly doubt something is wrong. Let's see some Core Temp .95.4 readings.

Probably the most you would have to do is give your heatsink a remount. What cooler are you using? Be more specific! :D

i told you the specs are in my sig. it says the cooler im using. ultra 120 extreme

Did you use the factory thermal goop that came with your sink or did you use something better/cheaper?

Also do you and you friend have the same case? You mentioned you and your friend have the same comp, does this mean the same exact case as well?

he uses a tsunami dream case and i use thermaltake armor which i heard has some of the best airflow of any case.

the thermal paste i used was ZALMAN ZM - STG1 Thermal paste

Hmmm, ok since you have more airflow thru your case, then i would think you have to reseat the sink. You did'nt put too much thermal goop did you? Too much will act as an insulator instead of a conductor. This will definately screw up the temps.

Check this out. It'll help on how much to use and how to apply it. I'm sure you did it right, but something is making your temps go haywaire, so we're gonna cover the basics and work our way up. Hopefully it might not too big of a problem.

i told you the specs are in my sig. it says the cooler im using. ultra 120 extreme

Ahh sorry, I missed that.

You should try and do a remount. You might have used too much thermal paste..or perhaps too little. A line of thermal paste across the cores followed by squashing it with the heatsink usually works pretty good. If you still experience high temperatures after that, check if the IHS or heatsink base is really uneven or something.

the reason i dont want to reseat my ultra 120 because it is the most annoying thing to do in history. the ultra 120 sucks for reseating because it is so big, and the screws take heavy pushing to get them to screw into the bottom. its just a big process which sucks the life out of me

the reason i dont want to reseat my ultra 120 because it is the most annoying thing to do in history. the ultra 120 sucks for reseating because it is so big, and the screws take heavy pushing to get them to screw into the bottom. its just a big process which sucks the life out of me

Yeah, I hear ya, but it's up to you if you want to see what's causing your temp problems. If you can live with those temps and it's not causing instabilities, then just leave it be.

I mean they're not the best, and not the worse either, but a ultra 120 extreme should be doing better.

lol swat u made a topic silly.

like i said i think its a bad mount or to much paste or not enough paste.

and im his friend that hes talking about lol :)

Nooc said:
A test made by the Ukrainian OC team modlabs; AS5 and ASC are identical in performance, and are, and AS5 is terribly overpriced for the performace it offers:

|results|

|crappy thermal interface|
Tital Nano Blue 59
Panasonic 58.5
KPT-8 (reference) 56.6

|decent thermal interface|
Data Cooler 57
Titan TTG S-104 , S-103 56.7
Pasta Siliconowa 56.6
Zalman CSL 850 56.5
Noctua 56.5
Stars Silver 56.5
Stars 700/Aero 700 56
GeIL GL-TCP1b 55.6
Thermopox 55.6
КПТ-8(BeO) 55.5
Sil more 55.5
Shin-Etsu(white) 55.5
W.P. 55.5
STARS (white, soft pack) 55.5
AKT-842 55
Fanner 420 55
Koolance 55

|good thermal interface|
Arctic Alumina 55.5
Arctic Silver-3 54.6
AOS 54.5
DC-340 54.5
Asetek 54.5
Arctic Silver-5 53.5
Arctic Ceramique 53.5

|great thermal interface|
Apus TMG 301 52.5
Gigabyte 52.5
Titan Nano Grease TTG-G30010 52.5
GFC-M1 D90T8-010 52.5
Shin-Etsu MicroSi G-751 52

|outstanding thermal interface|
Arctic Cooling MX-1 51.5
Shin-Etsu MicroSi MPU-3.7 50.5
Coollaboratory Liquid Pro 50

credit to -cyclone- and Ver-Wolf as authors of the test :clap:

http://translate.google.com/transla...fe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

i live in new york swat lives in arizona.. sure i would love to fly over to him and fix it but i can't lol

I had to reseat my CPU cooler too. Had to take the MB out and start all over. I had lapped already etc. One of my lockdowns wasn't perfect. I went from 55c using Orthos load to 47c.

Same paste too, MX-2.

E6600 3.2 stock voltages
Thermaltake V-1 with fan turned down quite a bit
Active cooled Thermalright sinks on NB/SB
Antec 900 case, fans set to pretty darn quiet.

specs are in my sig. i am running hot while my friend has the same computer and OCs to 3.2 and still gets less heat on his 4 cores than i do, and I AM STOCK. wtf?

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/9381/helpzi3.jpg

please help

not to be nitpicky, but the only thing your system appears to have in common with redrumy's is the processor and motherboard socket.

how reliable are the temp readings from your motherboard? is the bios up to date? have you tried measuring temps externally?

Back