• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI slot coolers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It would'nt hurt. I would mount a 80-92mm fan in front of the case sucking air in the case blowing towards the video card. This is what i did and it's plenty of cool air going right towards the my 8800GTS :D

Been too lazy to swap out the thermal crap on the core tho, lol.

Try it out and see. Worse that can happen is you lose 10 bux, right?

I use the vantec slot cooler on my 8800 ultra with HR-03. The memory was getting a little hot and that was the only part of the case without direct airflow. The cooler got rid of the artifacting and helps disperse the heat very well.

I've always been a fan of the Vantec slot cooler as well. Although, after about 2 years of every day use it kind of wore out. Haven't gotten a new one yet, but I do plan on it.

Back in the day...Way back in the day...I tried them.

LOL...I tried just about anything that came down the pike back in those days.

I found them to be pretty useless...Took up a PCI slot and made way too much noise...And that was when my cases were like hover craft.

Fan's o plenty...So my recommendation is to spend your money on something else.

:eek:

Since stupid Arctic Cooling discontinued their Silencer line (such a dumb move)...I'd say yeah, they would be pretty useful.

I used a slot cooler once.

it was either quiet or mooved alot of air. lots of (head) pressure too from what i remember

these things really only work if they make noise but they help alot!

BUT mine burnt out if i recall right pretty quick...
never bothered with one again.

I used one that looked like the Ultra PC Vent II, only blue.

My verdict? A waste of money. It didnt push much air, and the air it did push out was cool anyway. I removed the fans and used them in another computer case for extra cooling on some hot chips

Back