• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for chipset coolers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jjyz250

Registered
I have heard the ASUS P5N32-E SLI chipsets seem to run a tad hot in stock form. So what would be a good option for the chipsets ? I will already be running thermalright 120 extreme on the cpu.. thanks..

The HR-05 and HR-05 SLI are great options

i got an HR-05-SLI on my p5wdh cus an HR-05 wouldnt be able to wrap around my ultra 120. I just had to mod it a lil by drilling another dimple to move it down a bit outta the way of my PCIE slot.

Btw if your system uses the loops to hold on like my system (second picture) the stock mounting clip that came with my hr-05-sli looked like the third picture (lines represent the direction of my loops) and i wasnt able to use it and had to jerry rig a mount up for a week, some emails to thermalright and a week later i had a package from taiwan with some of the mounting brackets pictured in picture number 2.

My thermalright city looks soo good :beer:

Thermalright is so baller.

Attachments

• PA210128.JPG
    PA210128.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 103
  • PA210130.JPG
    PA210130.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 102
  • PA100117.JPG
    PA100117.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 109
Another vote for a Thermalright HR-05, paired with a 70mm fan there is no NB this cant cool.

Here's mine, with an 80mm Intel fan. Sorry for bad picture quality...

SNV30177.jpg

r

Awesome guys, I just got a shipment of parts in tonight. It's like Christmas early lol. I still have some parts to get, I need to order some more 120 fans. I have been test fitting everything. I'm really liking this cool master case. You can put 7, 120 mm fans. Then a 80 mm fan on the backside of the mobo. So I'm going to have 7, 140 cfm fans, then my cpu fan is going to a 220 cfm 120 mm fan :drool:. Then with the chipsets coolers, I think it will stay pretty cool. So looks like I'm going with thermalright with 70 mm fan.

oh specs on the system are
6850 cpu
not sure on ram yet lol.
dual 8800 gt's
of course some raptors :]

Last edited:
Awesome guys, I just got a shipment of parts in tonight. It's like Christmas early lol. I still have some parts to get, I need to order some more 120 fans. I have been test fitting everything. I'm really liking this cool master case. You can put 7, 120 mm fans. Then a 80 mm fan on the backside of the mobo. So I'm going to have 7, 140 cfm fans, then my cpu fan is going to a 220 cfm 120 mm fan :drool:. Then with the chipsets coolers, I think it will stay pretty cool.
oh specs on the system are
6850 cpu
not sure on ram yet lol.
dual 8800 gt's
of course some raptors :]

holly god that thing is gonna sound like a shop vac when it turns on... what ever happened to a stealth system... like mine, yate loons low speeds at 6v pulling 11.5k in 3dmark06 all day.

holly god that thing is gonna sound like a shop vac when it turns on... what ever happened to a stealth system... like mine, yate loons low speeds at 6v pulling 11.5k in 3dmark06 all day.

I'm used to it, my rig now has 9 tornadoes in it lol. It don't bother me, I usually have my zalman headphones on lol.

my gosh 9 tornados, damn thing is gonna lift off... i am starting to become irritated by my 47cfm yate loons @ 6v... a tornado gah id have to kill someone.

Back