• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone know for sure if Kingston RAM will work in a Dell?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
The reason I am asking is because a client of mine happens to have a Dell Dimension 3100. I had ordered some Kingston ValueRamPC2-4200. I know it is slow, but for a nearly 2 year old Dell, with the client not quite having the money for a new rig at the time, I found the best possible deal that I could. From what I read, this particular kit is the fastest the board could run, and since she will be using the computer for quite a while I didn't want to get anything faster. I think by the time she is ready to build a new rig, DDR3 will be pretty widely used. Any suggestions?

as long as the voltage is 1.8v it will be fine... the brand doesnt matter as much as the voltage and timings for OEM pc's. since they follow jedec standards...

Im short, yes it will work.

As stated above, unless the voltage is different than the standard you will be fine.

Dell uses the same parts we use in our pcs. Nothing special. Of course, they want you to think it is magical so that you leave your magic box up to Dell to take care of.

Kingston and Crucial 1.8v models will work in pretty much any motherboard. Just have to make sure you don't try to put DDR in a DDR2 slot. Not like you would though lol

Back