• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 8800 GTS SSC 640MB surfaces

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no 256bit and 512mb but it wont hurt it one bit

its the same card as the 8800gt with 128 sp's instead of 112

Oh so it's not the same new core as the GT? I'm confused now... And won't this card have the same bottleneck as the GT, keeping the GTX as the speed king - the lack of memory bandwidth for AA + AF at high resolutions?

there is no bottleneck unless you play at some crazy *** stupid res like 2560x whatever

it is the 65mn core as the gt, the link posted to ebay is not

there is no bottleneck unless you play at some crazy *** stupid res like 2560x whatever

it is the 65mn core as the gt, the link posted to ebay is not

The GT starts to run out of puff at 1900x1200 compared to the GTX... Be interesting to see how the new GTS holds up. Thanks for the info, should be a cracking card. :)

thats ok cuz not many people game at that res, if someone wants a huge display let them pay the extra for the $600 card that gets them the same or less frames as a $250 at 1680x1050 and under.

thats ok cuz not many people game at that res, if someone wants a huge display let them pay the extra for the $600 card that gets them the same or less frames as a $250 at 1680x1050 and under.

Actually I'm getting 8800GTs in SLI to connect to my 1900x1200 monitor, over here two of the 512MB cards and a 680i motherboard cost less than a 8800 Ultra. :D

Woot :D Good to know, I'm getting the same motherboard as yourself. Can't wait!

yeah this setup absolutely slays my single overclocked gtx, sli is very efficient in all the games I played in xp so far. vista leaves a little to be desired so far but i havnt messed with it much.

yes the release is something like dec. 3rd for the 65nm 8800gts 512mb with 128sp's

the current refresh of the 112 80nm 640 gts is kinda stupid....

yeah this setup absolutely slays my single overclocked gtx, sli is very efficient in all the games I played in xp so far. vista leaves a little to be desired so far but i havnt messed with it much.

yes the release is something like dec. 3rd for the 65nm 8800gts 512mb with 128sp's

the current refresh of the 112 80nm 640 gts is kinda stupid....

Good to know! :)

The refresh does seem pointless... I could possibly understand if it were to be the lower end model with 256mb memory, but then the 256mb GT would still outperform it. It really doesn't fit... Almost as if they didn't anticipate the GT would perform so well.

Can they make it any more confusing??? :confused::confused:

I agree. The new 8800 GTS SSC should have been called an XT or something.

EVGA has the 8800 GTS SSC 640 in stock for $389.Plus $30 rebate.

Edit: $20 cheaper at Newegg instock.

I'm in for one.....but wait they have a 320-bit interface. O well, I'm sure they wouldn't name 2x models with an "SSC" in the title.

I wish :beer:

dude your seriously screwing yourself over if you buy this card, your better off with a 8800gt or wait for the new gts next month.

Back