• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying a multimeter locally :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hazaro

So!

I also need a DMM (Digital MultiMeter) and figure I might as well buy one. I might get addicted to this kind of thing you know... :santa:

Preferably looking for a decent one $20 (or less).

I'm in LA so almost any US retail store is near me.

I was looking at this one right now: http://miniurl.org/1yS (Wow, that's a short url)

I have an high dollar Fluke multimeter...Sits in my automotive tool box.

I used to use it on computer stuff but it was such a pain in the butt will the removable leads and all that business.

Loaded it to a friend and needed one asap...Went to Radio Shack and they had one in a nice little case that closed up with the leads that were not removable...Very handy...Of course when I got my Fluke back it set there until I went to test a power supply.

Took me about 2 seconds to figure out that the one from Radio Shack was way easier to use for what I was doing...Put the Fluke back in my automotive tool box and was able to actually put the Radio Shack in a tool box that has all my screws, molex connectors, adapters, Antec power supply tester's, sleeving tools, all that business that I use every single day.

So my recommendation is this Radio Shack multimeter.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...kw=multimeter&kw=multimeter&parentPage=search

If you do not like that one, I recommend getting one like it...No removable leads that closes up into a nice neat package...I told myself I was going to check and see if Fluke made one like the Radio Shack...But hey, I have had it for 5 years or so and it works like a charm...And it is not a pain in the you know what compared to my other multimeter.

My 2 cents.

I've got a really cheap multimeter from walmart - 20$ it works good for me and can preform most functions that I need -- also the same functiions as the one you've linked, mines just a little more box shaped and shiny yellow.

I got one from Ratshack as well. Cost me 12 bux and it was one of the easiest ones I ever used, until i got my craftsman DMM :)

Looks like I'm gonna go down to Sears on sunday, pick up a $20 meter.

Rather get a $20 craftsman than a $20 radioshack DMM. :)

Back