• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G15 F@H app?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's why I asked ;)

I may start playing with it soon and see if I can come up with something. Doubt I will, but won't know till I try.

Here are some programs I found that might give you something to try or to work from, even thought they're not quite what your looking for.
Stock Ticker - it pulls information from a website and displays it on the LCD.
LCD Studio mods - Use LCD studio to create better/more variet in what you can do with it.
There are also a lot of programs that will pull an RSS feed so you should be able to set something up to get your stats.
Look on the forums for the G15 and ask for some one to make the progrma or do it yourself.

Dunno if this applies to you, but in Linux with G15daemon you can just pipe text right to the display. :)

That would be nice, but I am running XP on the rig with the G15. I searched a few forums when I first got it, but really couldn't find much other than the tools to make something.

It has an LCD built into it that you can use for just about anything if you are willing to write the code for it that is...

4716.1.0.jpg

oooo... and the feel... so nice. You guys should head to BB or Frys and check them out. BB had them on sale for about the same as an Eclipse.

Eclipse I that I had:

eclipse.jpg

Eclipse II that Steve has:

eclipseii.jpg

EclipseII is by far the best keyboard imho! and key "feeling" is just right even for non gamer (my GF is quite picky on keyboard as she type all day, web developer, but she love the EclipseII too!)! I didn't try the G15, and since I don't quite need all those fancy function/feature from G15, I'm sticking w/ my Saitek. :cool:

Oh I totally agree about the Eclipse. It is an outstanding keyboard with great key feel. What I was getting at with the G15 is that the keys have a semi-rubber coating on them that gives them a nice surface to touch. Having used both I definitely prefer the G15, but not if you don't need the extras.

The bonus of a "fancy" keyboard is the range and feel while using it. The G15 has a pile of extra keys that are programmable for what ever you need them to be, as well as for macros. I mainly got it for the LCD as it is almost unlimited what you can do with it...once you find or make the app.

BTW, I was told earlier that The Egg has the G15 on sale for $60 right now.

Back