• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLEASE HELP ME

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MAIL

Disabled
Hello Everyone

I have a problem with my RAM.

My pc has a 2.4 Ghz processor and 256 Mb DDR-266 Mhz ram.

I bought a new Ram which has 1 Gb DDR-333 Mhz.

The problem is when i start my PC with new ram installed it starts normally till the boot screen, but after the boot screen is done when logon screen has to come, i cant see the logon screen. The screen just goes blank.

When I tried to boot my PC suddenly a message came (THIS VERSION OF WINDOWS DOES NOT SUPPORT MEMORY LESS THAN 64 MB).

What can be the problem ?

IS IT BECAUSE MY PC DOES NOT SUPPORT THE RAM ? or THERES A PROBLEM IN THE RAM ? or I HAVE TO MAKE SOME CHANGES IN THE BIOS ?

Hello Everyone

I have a problem with my RAM.

My pc has a 2.4 Ghz processor and 256 Mb DDR-266 Mhz ram.

I bought a new Ram which has 1 Gb DDR-333 Mhz.

The problem is when i start my PC with new ram installed it starts normally till the boot screen, but after the boot screen is done when logon screen has to come, i cant see the logon screen. The screen just goes blank.

When I tried to boot my PC suddenly a message came (THIS VERSION OF WINDOWS DOES NOT SUPPORT MEMORY LESS THAN 64 MB).

What can be the problem ?

IS IT BECAUSE MY PC DOES NOT SUPPORT THE RAM ? or THERES A PROBLEM IN THE RAM ? or I HAVE TO MAKE SOME CHANGES IN THE BIOS ?

Mail,

List your whole system so the guys can see what you have.

:welcome:

You can also check your RAM requirements by going here:

http://www.crucial.com/index.aspx

1. The all-caps words in title, post, etc: lose them.
2. The links in your sig. are against forum rules.

3. Like RollingThunder said, we'd need to know your system specs. Your system may not be able to support >512MB of ram or whatever (ex: my fileserver can only take up to 3 128MB modules. I tried placing a 256MB chip in it and it went nuts, so I've left it at 384MB total). Without knowing your system's model # or motherboard type we won't know how much RAM it can support or what size chips.

Back