• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think its dieing....Or hates me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shard

Well, let me start on the symptoms.

Random loss of video feed.
Random restarts, or hard locks.
Random *soft* boots.
Oh, and just plain random acts of WTF?

I suspect my PSU, what about you?

Everything I have checked, and nothing is OCed. I just got this new vid card the x1950gt, and I SHOULD have enough power, but I have a feeling that I dont.

Ram is good, CPU SHOULD be good, I might have baked it though. Mobo is good, as is all hard drives, optical drives, etc.

I have 5 fans running off direct leads from the PSU, which I have not seen much problems with (outside of nuking the onboard fan leads lawl).

Also, I kinda suspect that chipset temps have been rather high (read:too high) So that might be another symptom/cause.

Any other ideas?

Well, let me start on the symptoms.

Random loss of video feed.
Random restarts, or hard locks.
Random *soft* boots.

Oh, and just plain random acts of WTF?

I suspect my PSU, what about you?

Everything I have checked, and nothing is OCed. I just got this new vid card the x1950gt, and I SHOULD have enough power, but I have a feeling that I dont.

Ram is good, CPU SHOULD be good, I might have baked it though. Mobo is good, as is all hard drives, optical drives, etc.

I have 5 fans running off direct leads from the PSU, which I have not seen much problems with (outside of nuking the onboard fan leads lawl).

Also, I kinda suspect that chipset temps have been rather high (read:too high) So that might be another symptom/cause.

Any other ideas?

Shard,

Without considering your other "cooked" possibilites, the bold symptoms alone that I highlighted are a good indication of a failing power supply. Your PCP 510 should handle the addition of the X1950 and what you have easily. Do you have a spare to drop in to see?

+1.... Sounds like a power issue to me... Kinda of like what I've been experiencing. But not because of PSU problems... I think I'm just taxing my PSU too much. Its for sale in the classifies.... hint hint :D

Yup, ram is tested and works perfectly so its not that.

Mind you I burnt out the choke coil in this PSU about a year ago or so, but it was RMAed (albiet only a replaced choke coil....)

I am thinking I will just buy a new Corsair 520w for my new system, and use it till I get the PCP&C sorted out.

Glad that I was right on this one rofl.

Back