• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quiet LL case OK for (hot) 8800GT 512 specifically?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamefan

How hot, what type of cooling is needed, for a 8800GT 512, cuz I wanna quiet case. There are only 2 options, both Lian-Li, and the one I want probably ain't that cool, because its QUIET!

I still haven't decided which case Lian-Li to put it all in. I only have 2 obvious options , the PC-60B+2, or the PC-6070B+2. The 6070 is quiet, and I want quiet, no matter what. The 60B+2 will be 10dB louder, 44dB to 54dB, but it has more air flow, more cooling potential. I am wondering how hot the vid card will be. I am unaware that they are even available to anybody, but if they are, people seem to be reporting high temps.. ie what I am waiting for the 8800GT 512 to get to the store before I know which one (vid card) I'll buy. I don't know if I will opt for a card that may be OC'd out of the box, or do it mayself, or both. I think I am aware of the quandry, but do not know anything about the options, and lack experience. So I am planning on buying the Lan-Li PC-6070B+2, unless an absolute definitely not! In which case I'll get the Lian-Li PC-6070B+2. Its been a while since I read the(se) reviews, but I have always been, and still am willing and able to modify any case to any state possible. Liek putting larger/more fans in. The 6070 does have a 120 fan pointed directly at the vid card, I believe, as well as a cpu cooling duct. (both cases have those both). I will OC the vid card if and when it is easy, std, or improves actual performance. The cpu will prob remain somewhat OC'd.

Lemme find these reviews (moment please):

http://www.lian-li.com/product/product06.php?pr_index=16&cl_index=1&sc_index=1&ss_index=4&type=b
80s top? & cpu duct, 120s front & vid (could be in or out, I hafta read..http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=2357&p=10)

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=2008&p=3
I am pretty sure this also has the rear out ps duct, and is the exactly same as the other "more open" case above. One mod I would do is replace the 2 80s at the front with a 120 (or largest possible). theres confusion - I'll get to the exact fans if/when I can.

I am very noise conscious. Just want the low down on this 8800GT vid card temp requirements. I have no idea if stock cooling solution is likely, or whether a better air source is required (or if it is even possible - there are dedicated seperate air cooling vid card sources (w/ options?) in both cases here)

I am planning on:
E6850 (OC'd respectfully)
2x1GB Crucial Ballistics
P5K-E-WiFi-AP
8800GT 512
Xi-Fi Gamer Retail
USR 56K modem
2x 366 WD Raptors SATA RAID
80GB 7200.7 Baracuda
LG HSa10N DVD +RW
floppy
Corsair H520 ps
TR U120E
120 Scythe fans, or 8o Vantec Stealth (?)
Vantec FP all fan controller
Vista 32 HP RF

Last edited:
Back