• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Very simple question, probably noob question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maverick0984

Well, I want the 5.1 for gaming to go through my HT. I was previously using optical because it's nice and clean but for known reasons, I lose the rear audio. I have another thread detailing my intentions of purchasing the DTS-610 for $100. Well, I'm glad I didn't because I didn't closely examine my receiver enough. I have this as one of the inputs on my receiver:

manual.jpg

The motherboard I have (P5K Premium) has the standard audio out like the following:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...SUS+P5K+PREMIUM/WIFI-AP+ATX+Intel+Motherboard

What can I use to get these to talk? Clearly the receiver is accepting RCA, but what do you call the connections on the back of the motherboard? What type of cable and where would I look for such a product? Is this even feasible or am I completely off base here? I fail to see it being an issue but I just don't know where to acquire such a cable. If this works out alright, I'll most likely purchase a much better sound card but up until this point had no reason since I was just using digital passthrough.

Thanks!

Nope, I missed that. Oh well. What I got should be better quality, but it is nice to have it in 1 cable and color coded.

That's the reason I got it myself. And having tried it out, I have not noticed any difference vs 'higher quality' RCA cables. So I'm keeping them.:beer:

That's the reason I got it myself. And having tried it out, I have not noticed any difference vs 'higher quality' RCA cables. So I'm keeping them.:beer:

Cool.

I'll just be zip tieing them together and marking them in someway so it's almost the same as 1 cable :p.

Back