• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No file bigger than 2GB allowed to be burned?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC101

I was just backing up some files by burning them onto DVD.

One of the files was larger than 2GB. Nero Express was giving me this message that I can't burn file larger than 2GB.

Was it just Nero, or the DVD disk I used? Or is everybody getting the same situation?

It sounds like the FAT32 limitation of 2gb per file ;)

See if you can burn it another way.

My hard drives all use NTFS file system.

Do I need to choose what file system I use for the DVDs? There is not any options in Nero.

The 2GB file size for "single file" is the max limit for the ISO9660 file system standard in optical disc.

Not sure bout nero, you will have to swicth to UDF file system to able to burn that big file.

The 2GB file size for "single file" is the max limit for the ISO9660 file system standard in optical disc.

Not sure bout nero, you will have to swicth to UDF file system to able to burn that big file.
I knew it!

...wait, no I didn't. ;)

Thanks for the information.

I tried to find the option in Nero of choosing file system. I don't see any.

Although I haven't use Nero for a very long time, if my memory serves me well, Nero expresss doesn't have that option to choose and its defaulted at ISO (aka ISO9660 format.

In order to swicth to full UDF system, you need to run the full package Nero Burning program.

Btw, you should try ImgBurn (freeware) for just plain burning, reading disc but not for multimedia thingy, it beats Nero the hell out of the water.

Example when making a disc, there are options on which file system to use. :)
Imgburn.png

Last edited:
When you first open Nero Burning rom it will open 2 windows. in the center window on left side tab down to DVD/UDF and it will give you more options.

Back