• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help bios update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Extermn8rX

Registered
I need help updating my bios. I put the flash utility and update onto a floppy. I rebooted, and at the a: prompt, i tried to run the bios update utility. It looked as if it was going to run...but then i get this mssg saying

Flash Part - Winbond 49F002U
Error 2 - File does not exist

What am i doing wrong?

Ok be careful, another guy I talked to fried his bios. There must be some faulty instructions out there...

You are using ami flash right? If so, you need to type the flash utility followed the the rom name that you want to flash..., something like "aminf329_[romname].rom". You cannot just run the flash because it will not find the file.

Let me know how it goes. Any questions at all, post again.
eric

ok, at the a: promt, i typed AMINF330_011215S.ROM and it sad bad command or something like that....am i typing it wrong? I also tried a exe at the end of aminf330 and it still did the same thing.

doh!!! yes i was....like an idiot. But i finally got it right...and its all updated :) Thx a bunch for your help.

Also, in my bios, there are a few settings that im hoping you can help me with. I will just list them and if you could, plz explain what they are and what the recommended settings would be.

SDR/DDR CAS Latency - SPD (I changed it to 2.5T) options are SPD, 3T, 2.5T, 2T
SDR/DDR RAS Active Time - 6T (WTH is this?) options are 7T or 6T
SDR/DDR RAS Prechange Time - 4T (WTH is this?) options are 4T or 3T

CLK GEN Spread Sectrum - Disabled (what is this?)

If you know, plz educate me on this. The only one i knew was the cas latency one, and i tested my memory before and after changing it cause i wasnt sure what SPD was, and i got better results when it was set at 2.5 so i kept it there.

Back