• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6750 Orthos and vcore questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ratbuddy

I decided to see what kinda temps I'd get at ~3.0ghz just for jollies.. It seems acceptable, going between 65 and 70C with dual Orthos running, got to 70C a few times, but never nudged higher. I know that's not a great temp, but with stock HSF and a tiny little case, I'll need to either get a new case, or a smallish air cooler (suggestions?) to get better temps. Idle is ~50C..

I noticed though that CPU-Z says voltage is something like 1.21v, when I just checked BIOS and it's set for 1.2875v. Is .07v a 'normal' droop?

The system seems to be working fine, so I'm not going to touch the voltage unless there are forces at play here beyond my knowledge?

Anything else in this screen jump out as being 'off?'

orthos.png

Thanks

Great OC and that is at stock voltage, with a better cooler you'll be able to get a lot more out of that CPU
Your Vid (stock voltage) is nice and low - 1.2875
That v-droop is not bad IMO

If I had faster RAM, I could try for more.. That's the limiting factor for now..

Isn't Vid the same for all same-model processors? Or luck of the draw?

If I had faster RAM, I could try for more.. That's the limiting factor for now..

Isn't Vid the same for all same-model processors? Or luck of the draw?

VID is luck of the draw, the lower the better...not any guarentee for high OC off course as you can appreciate

He only has one Orthos program running.

If you google for Orthos, and look at the top link (should be at overclock.net) it's for dual cores. Note how the Orthos window on my desktop shot shows 2 progress windows, and both cores were maxed..

edit: oops, sk1llz posted that while I was typing.. Oh well

Back