• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Installation Problems, help needed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karnal

I am attempting to do a clean install of Vista Home premium 64bit on my freshly setup raid 0 system. It goes something like this:

Reading from CD
-> No Emulation CD

Windows is loading files
-> Progress Bar

New progress bar with
Microsoft Corporation under it

Followed by the big finish, the system reboots and cycles through the whole process again. It will keep repeating this as long as I let it.

General Rig Specs:
Abit IP-35 Pro
Q6600
4gb G skill DDR2 800 Hz
8800GTX
2x250gb WD HD

Any help would be appriciated.

Does it let you load the RAID drivers?

Try breaking your RAID (not literally ;)).

I had a problem a long time ago with XP 64bit where this exact thing happened. As soon as I tried 32bit XP it worked perfectly. I think there was a conflict between the my hard drive controller and a 64bit OS. I never diagnosed it...just never tried to install 64bit again.

Thats not what I wanted to hear...... I only have a 64 bit OS at the moment.

I was runnning into the same issue with my Vista 64bit install.

Turned out Vista hated my memory.
Oh ya I have read that it WONT install with 4gb installed.

So anyway I changed to some generic RAM and made sure the timings were perfect and VIOLA.

Once you get it installed you can switch to the 4gb and it will be fine.

Wardog

Thanks for the input, gonna give that a shot right now.

So I took it down to one gig of ram, manually set the timing and everything else and im having the same issue. I guess my next option is breaking the raid and trying to install it on a single drive. Im starting to think I should have stuck with xp.

Man sorry to hear that.

I just got another drive so iaould setup RAID now im hesitant to try it.

have you done it as single drives yet?

Back