• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IRQ conflict

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kakin

Hi, I just installed a new XP pro SP2, but my ATI x1950 pro share the same IRQ as my build in Gigabit NIC card at IRQ 16. My previous operation system has both separated. I tried safe mode and delected both and let it redected but no help. I dont want to take another 2 hours to reinstall again. They could share, but I can tell by when I press the IE, screen turns black and the starting of windows before the login screen that my monitor couldn't detect any signals. Does anyone have ane trick on this or regedit? Thanks in advances.

Do you have an "integrated peripherals" option in the BIOS and able to manually assign IRQ's? Or have you tried disabling the NIC in the BIOS and restart to let XP auto-assign an IRQ later? There is a way to manually assign IRQ's in XP but it involves reinstalling drivers and it's sort of a pain. I never done it, just heard of it.

Back