• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to return to WoW - Need caught up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

satandole666

Alright folks...boredom consumes me. I'm probably going to be picking up WoW in the next couple of days. The last time I played was before the expansion. My brother also plays on the account so my warrior is already level 70.

So, what is different? What should I spend my time on and what shouldn't I spend my time on?

The way he has explained it to me is that PvP gear is now nearly equal to PvE gear (at least for a casual player like myself). I'm not a fan of PvE at all, really...all I do is PvP for the most part. This is one of the huge reasons I came back. I quit mainly because I hate raiding guild politics and I didn't have the time to get anything above the blue PvP set from PvP. Supposedly this has changed now?

His recommendations were to max out my honor (75K) and buy the season one set (supposed to be available to all here soon?) then get the Veteran's stuff. This sound about right for a level 70 warrior wearing greens looking to PvP?

Also...I was fury specced when I quit playing. I primarily did PvP but my guild did drag me into instances for DPSing. My brother (who plays a rogue) says that currently MS warriors are pretty strong in PvP. I personally find MS a touch boring, but I'll do it for a while until I get back into things. Any other PvP build recommendations for a Warrior?

I'm pretty much looking to get "back into the loop". Just about anything is welcome. Thanks.

Level cap is 70 :beer:

Besides that...just more stuff to learn. Nothing I can think of to avoid other than the Barrens unless you must go there.

Lower instances (RFC, WC) now drop better stuff...not sure about the high end.

If you want, jump on our server (Coilfang), I just started over (from a lv 68 hunter, different server).

It is PvP, and a "newer" server.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Blizzard banned all mods :-/

Level cap is 70 :beer:

Besides that...just more stuff to learn. Nothing I can think of to avoid other than the Barrens unless you must go there.

Lower instances (RFC, WC) now drop better stuff...not sure about the high end.

If you want, jump on our server (Coilfang), I just started over (from a lv 68 hunter, different server).

It is PvP, and a "newer" server.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Blizzard banned all mods :-/

Our server meaning? OCforums guild server? I might do a transfer but I HATE leveling...well...yeah. I hate it. My brother is in a pretty successful guild on Runetotem...some of my old friends are in it supposedly. My warrior is in it as well (for the time being).

Banning mods...I only used some gui mods like adding hotkeys and stuff. Are you saying they banned stuff like threatmeter and dpsmeter? Not quite sure as the term "mods" is pretty huge.

Also, secondary question. If I wanted to create my own account so he and I could play at the same time would I need to buy the game and expansion all over again? I'd like to start a new account and transfer my warrior and a few secondary characters over...but not if I have to buy the game all over again.

Thanks.

Our server meaning? OCforums guild server? I might do a transfer but I HATE leveling...well...yeah. I hate it. My brother is in a pretty successful guild on Runetotem...some of my old friends are in it supposedly. My warrior is in it as well (for the time being).

Banning mods...I only used some gui mods like adding hotkeys and stuff. Are you saying they banned stuff like threatmeter and dpsmeter? Not quite sure as the term "mods" is pretty huge.

Also, secondary question. If I wanted to create my own account so he and I could play at the same time would I need to buy the game and expansion all over again? I'd like to start a new account and transfer my warrior and a few secondary characters over...but not if I have to buy the game all over again.

Thanks.
Sorry, my server :beer:

OH YEAH, they shortened the exp that you need to level now, its like 30% faster!

Mods was a joke :p

And yes, you will have to buy the game and expansion.

I read about the shortened exp thing. It ****ed me off because I had to do 1-60 the hard way. If my brother didn't do 60-70 for me I probably wouldn't be coming back.

I'm glad the mods thing was a joke...I couldn't play without some GUI mods.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy the game. I think Circuit City has a c WoW battle chest (original+expansion) for $37...that's probably my best bet if I decide to start a new account.

Thanks again.

The season 1 arena gear will be available for honor when season 3 comes out, as far as I know there isn't a set date for that yet but I'm guessing it will be with the next expansion. They are raising the level cap to 80 so it would make sense to wait to me.

Fury warriors don't do so well in PvP, at least not without the best gear and even then they are average at best. Arms does get a bit boring but it's hands down the best spec for PvP. You get more respect PvP'ing as fury but I'd rather be hated and alive then respected and dead :p

The recent XP change doesn't bother me, I leveled a warrior and a hunter to 60+ before the change. I got bored with both and didn't want to spend the time to level another character so I was about to cancel my account, now that it's faster I'm working on a paladin and just started a druid (might scrap the druid for a shammy). Just depends on how you look at the change I guess, I see it as a chance to play more classes past level 20.

I was told the Season 1 gear would be available on the 29th I think? Sometime in the next week or so.

And about the Fury thing...it is a LOT harder to do. I had mediocre gear at best pre BC and I managed just fine in BGs. Keep in mind that was before the rage nerf warriors took. I found that I did better against most classes as Fury...especially clothies. I dunno...I'll probably get both the Season 1 2H sword and the 2 1H weapons (probably slow main, fast off) and try both out with the Season 1 gear.

How long does it take to get the honor required to get the Full Season 1 and Veterans? That'll be my first order of business before I try anything else (instances, for example).

Thanks.

Thanks.

I have access to Joanas Horde lvling Guide and Brian Kopps Alliance lvling guide. if you need you they help you lvl really FAST. its basicly a guide that tells you how to do every quest and gives you all the cords and stuff. Pm me if you need.

Level cap increased, professions added and increased, new dungeons/instances, then kill 10 things (take your pick of any in-game humanoid, beast, etc) then turn quest into npc and rinse and repeat.

Also, if you read the WoW forums, any class that plays well needs a nerf, last I checked it was locks, or maybe hunters...maybe it was rogues (rouge is the in-game name)...wait wait wait...druids are over powered now, or is it locks again.

You get the point. As sarcastic as this may sound, anyone that plays WoW will tell you that it is still the same grind.

Why would you go back to Warcraft? I quit a few months back after I opened my eyes and fianlly understood that its just the same damn thing over and over.

Months to farm the S1 Honor ? I made 17k honor yesterday, and I'm currently at 7k today for a grand total of 48k honor saved up. I'll be capped at 75k by Tuesday when the S1 is honor based.

For the ones of you saying it doesn't take "months" to get so much s1 honor, maybe thats true, but could you reveal how many "hours" you play a day to get 17k honor in one day? Most people it will take a month or so to get the honor needed unless your playing 6+ hours a day. So yes, its is possible to take months to get the required honor you need unless your addictied and playing all hours of the day.

Back when I was playing I was getting nowhere near 17k honor a day, and I played SEVERAL hours a day (I was an addicted idiot at the time), Horde side, so you know we won a lot.

It doesn't take long to get 17k honor now (EDIT: Don't know if it is different from before, but it seems something has been changed).

I think AV gives 500 honor now. Some are over in as fast as 15 minutes, others 30-45 minutes. Add in some kills and you are pretty gravy.

My brother got 36k honor for my warrior in 3 days for the 2 handed S1 weapon. I'm sure it can be done fairly easily (17k honor in a day).

EDIT: So best case scenario I can get full season 1 and the veteran's replacement (vindicator I think?) in about 3 weeks. That's including the 36k honor I already have and factoring in I won't be getting 10k honor a day.

That's still EXTREMELY quick gearing. When I quit it would often take me that long to get 1 piece of gear let alone all of them. When I was trying for PvP rank it took me almost 3 months to make it to 10, and that was for crappy gear (compared to the PvE at the time). Kudos Blizzard on setting this up a lot better for the casual player.

For the ones of you saying it doesn't take "months" to get so much s1 honor, maybe thats true, but could you reveal how many "hours" you play a day to get 17k honor in one day? Most people it will take a month or so to get the honor needed unless your playing 6+ hours a day. So yes, its is possible to take months to get the required honor you need unless your addictied and playing all hours of the day.

Back when I was playing I was getting nowhere near 17k honor a day, and I played SEVERAL hours a day (I was an addicted idiot at the time), Horde side, so you know we won a lot.

17k honor was done in 6.5 hours. Played something like 30 AV games, won 28 and lost 2. Average was around 550 honor per game which on average lasted 12-14 minutes.

Today, I'm at 11k in around 5 hours. I'm only missing around another 15k to get capped.

EDIT: Another reason I was getting honor so fast because we were running pre-made with like 5 people.

Back