• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock 939 dual sata2 nood wants to O/C my Opty 144..need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1eyedjak

I stopped overclocking long time ago and quit upgrading all my junk...till now...got a Asrock dual sata 939 & Opteron 144....

I want to speed it up so if anyone has some advice I need to hear it..looked around on other site and I got many different answers on same thing so I am confused..

The simplest answer is to up the FSB speed, after you've found the max for that (the board's max is about 300, though your chip might bow out before that). Memory dividers aren't that good on the 939dual, and your Geil Blue (unless they are disguised BH5 chips, but your board doesn't have enough voltage settings for them anyways).

The other thing that's going to hold you back is voltage. You'll definitely need to bump the cpu voltage up to get more mhz, but I'm not sure how far up the 939dual allows w/o volt modding.

cpu voltage stops at 1.45...I upped the memory voltage to "high"....I just dont know what some of the other tweaks need to be set at other than fsb..

circuit writer pen will get you to 1.55 on the cpu volts, there is a mem volt mod (rather involved), however, i found with good mems the 'high' setting will suffice. you will prolly have to run the ram on a lower divider than lets say a DFI board with the same cpu and ramski, and i strongly recommend you install the 2.30 bios, it is the latest and has the 274HTT cap removed for higher clockage and the AM2 cpu string for riser card functionality (if you decide to use one).

here is an EXCELLENT resource for your particular board, lots of real good info's, many pics....

http://www.rebelshavenforum.com/sis-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=30

and, for the 2.30 bios:

http://www.lejabeach.com/ASRock/939dual/939dsata2bios.html

you may have to register to access the bios download or do a search at Rebels Haven.

i still have one of these boards on the test bench with the 2.30, an AM2 riser card, AM2 3600+ and 4 gig of Adata PC800 stuffs (runs like a champ), and one in the field running a 939 3800+ x2 for a customer....

the boards still rock pretty good in the 939 world....and they have an LPT port, missing on most newer boards....

have some fun...

and, not to forget, there is a wealth of informations contained within the forums here, the forum area you are presently posting in has lots of info's too....

laterzzzzz......

Back